Blowinganddrifting with Admiral Chrissy and Capt. Dean

We are Mariners, heart and soul, but there is much more to us than that :)

21 December 2012 | Downtown Petoskey Michigan
06 September 2012 | Boyne City Michigan
09 August 2012
14 June 2012
14 June 2012
31 May 2012 | Petoskey Michigan
29 May 2012
21 May 2012
14 May 2012
07 May 2012 | above the 45th.
06 May 2012
06 May 2012
06 May 2012
16 April 2012

Who da thunk it ?..... adjust "back" to a house?

29 June 2011 | Petoskey Municipal Marina, Little Traverse Bay, Lake Michigan
Capt. Dirty Feet Dean variable (normal for up here)
Rubaiyat in the comfort of my friend Rick at the Boat Exchange...At Irish Boat Shop, ready to launch back into the sweetwater of Little Traverse Bay, Lake Michigan.

On Saturday, Chrissy and I motored her back over to Petoskey, put the sails back on, and then Sunday...................................................................................................this:



(written tuesday morning june 28th.)

We slept in our house last night :) for the first time in 350 days. What a feeling, pretty hard to describe that is for sure.

We are so thankfull that we have Mom living just another couple miles from us, and having a spare room, king size bed, overlooking the lake, and dinner at our finger tips, as well as a well stocked fridge :) get it? ;)
THANK YOU MOM!!!! it aint over yet !!

It is mostly all painted on the inside and put back together. It will take some living in, to get it all back in shape. Right now there is no TV or iinternet, the phone is working, the old land line number 231-347-4802 number is still ours.

We had a great sail on Sunday, no motor and full sails, it was awesome. David (nephew) and his girlfriend Jesse went with us, we sailed around the bay awhile and then went up into Harbor Springs and DROPPED THE ANCHOR for the first time (other than an emergency in the St. Clair River) and grilled some burgers.
We spent 2 nights aboard in Petoskey, it felt good to be back aboard Ruby. It was nice stayiing at Mom's condo on Crooked Lake for a couple weeks, but we did miss the boat alot.

So we will be staying home a couple nights getting ready to stay aboard for a few night over the 4th. of July weekend.

I have quite abit of the garden in, and plan to put in a few more things this week. I bought some fruit trees and grape vines to put in this year.




(written wed. night 7pm.)

What a nice way to spend the day yesterday, sitting in my recliner and watching some DVD'S, I went down and checked on the boat, adjusted the lines cuz it was blowing, raining, foggy, raining, nasty, and I was in long pants, my winter parka and the hood up running out the pier!!

When I got back home, I had 5 movies, a 30 pack and a wet ass!! I went to the wood pile, got a nice fire going, then the chair ......:) Movies on the flat screen are / were a thing of the past, strange huh? Drizzle and fog made it easy to just do NOTHING (around the house, that is).

Today I got back in the garden and got it up to speed. More to follow.

Now we are back on the boat, feeling like this is still our home, a wierd adjustment that I didn't expect.

ok.....typing drunk again, will get this posted and follow up .....................................................the adventure is not over :)

Capt. Dirty Feet Dean
Comments
Vessel Name: Rubaiyat
Vessel Make/Model: 1985 Catalina 30TR (tall rig)
Hailing Port: Little Traverse Bay Petoskey Michigan
Crew: Dean Chrissy and Stella Bachelor
About: We have had a successfull trip from Petoskey to Florida in our 30' sailboat. We have just purchased a 40' motor yacht, and a classic too. Stay tuned to see how things go from here:)
Extra: you can follow and see all my videos on my you tube channel: blowinganddrifting please feel free to subscribe

blowinganddrifting with Admiral Chrissy and Capt. Dean

Who: Dean Chrissy and Stella Bachelor
Port: Little Traverse Bay Petoskey Michigan