Blue Highway

10 March 2020
11 April 2016
17 December 2012 | Naples Fl
23 March 2012 | Naples Fl
09 November 2011 | St Petersburg
01 August 2011 | Naples Florida
30 June 2011 | Naples Florida
13 June 2011 | Nosara Costa Rica
12 June 2011 | Nosara
29 May 2011 | Naples

Blue Highway update

10 March 2020
Russell Frazer
Since we do all our trip info using Facebook and only update to friends I forget we even have this site until somehow I get word that someone is try to get in touch. This world we live in has so many different ways to communicate that many friends get lost in the cyber cracks. Oops, guess I better check this more than every couple of years. LOL

As our blog left off in Panama I will add that in the last three years we have bought a waterfront house in Marathon Fl. We seem to be doing the snow bird cruising shuffle to the Bahamas and then up to Maine for summers and return to Marathon for winter. Hopefully this summer (2020) we will expand our route beyond Halifax and get all the way up to Newfoundland.

Cheers

Enjoying Panama

11 April 2016
Russell
Had a great three months this winter enjoying the San Blas, the Canal, and mostly surfing at Bocas del toro! Don't usually use this media so just a test to see if it still works. LOL (We use Facebook for updates to friends.)

Back from Maine

17 December 2012 | Naples Fl
Russell
We had another great trip to Maine for the summer. 90% of our live trip info is located on my Face Book page (reg. friends can see only) with lots of pictures.
Anyhow, we are looking to work on the boat a lot this winter and summer. Hopefully throw in little trip back over to Melbourne Florida for some spring surfing for a month or so. And may even do a repower later this summer. Thinking a lot about the Cumins that Trans Atlantic Diesel offers. It's a great match to our old Perkins 4-154. Always a challenge keeping a 32 year old boat "deep ocean worthy"!

Fair winds! Russell & Lynne

Setting sail soon for Maine

23 March 2012 | Naples Fl
Russell
Well, we have done ton a ton of work to Blue Highway mainly the mast,rigging,new chainplates,sails and even a Mack pack too. Must be time to get underway again!

Our plan will have us leaving SW Florida for a slow trip up to Maine for the summer. Our first long stop will be in Melbourne Florida. We hope to spend a full month there visiting family but also the various surf breaks of Coco Beach.

I guess if we don't cross over to Nova Scotia we will indeed be at the SSCA and OCC parties again as they are great fun. We will also be up on the "Cruisehymers net" (8152usb@ 08:30) most mornings. Hope to meet up with long lost cruisers and make new friends as the summer and miles tick along.

Enjoying the ride, Russell & Lynne

Pulling mast and boat

09 November 2011 | St Petersburg
Russell
We are up in Salt Creek and have pulled the mast and boat. After 31 years it seemed like a good idea to really inspect the spar up close and personal. We also hauled BH (4 year interval) and are DIY bottom job at Salt Creek Marina. We are half way through and all is great. We derigged the spar and had JSI pick it up for welding, cutting some of the heel off and inspect, re paint and new mast step. So far so good. Look forward to getting it all back together in a week or so. Living on the hard does suck especially the grey water bucket brigade when doing the dishes.

August check in

01 August 2011 | Naples Florida
Russell & Lynne
Well we are certainly having a hot summer here in Florida. Wish we were in Maine enjoying the cool coastal weather. When it gets this hot we even give up on the day sailing. Much less overnight trips.

Still lots of summer charters around however it is really hard to take people out for more that two or three hours at a time. This time of year it's either no wind or squall and lightning time. The biggest problem the last couple weeks is that our area has had an awful algea bloom going on. And that makes the water disgusting to swim in it. Even the fish are sick of it as they are floating dead on top and washing up on the beaches. Can't get too excited about sailing and being on the water around here this month. We think it's going away and hope that someday we will get our green water back.

Work progress on the boat and house is slow but steady, we hope to redo a number of chain plates this month. We have to be careful as we don't want the chainplates disconnected and at a welding shop if and when we get hit with nasty tropical storms or hurricanes.
Vessel Name: Blue Highway
Vessel Make/Model: Peterson 44
Hailing Port: Marathon Florida
Crew: Russell & Lynne
About: We have had Blue Highway for over 22 years! She has taken us as far north as Scotland east to Turkey and south to Panama. She has become part of our family. Still hope to get her to Alaska someday.

Who: Russell & Lynne
Port: Marathon Florida