Blue Hour

Who: Jonathon, Nina, Joni, Jonas, Sirius
Port: Toronto
10 June 2023 | Toronto, Ontario
06 September 2022 | Toronto, Canada
06 September 2022 | Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Glasgow, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Ardrossan, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Ardrossan, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Toronto, Canada
27 August 2022 | Gigha, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Carsaig, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Tayvallich, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Tayvallich, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Carsaig, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Canna, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Canna, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Canna, Scotland

Western Scotland Anchorages

09 August 2017 | Off the coast of Scotland
Joni
After we left Rum, we went to Loch Moidart. There was a really old castle that was built 700 years ago there and we could go inside, although most of the roofs had caved in. We looked for mussels and clams and ate them for dinner. There was one mussel that Jonas was chewing for about 5 minutes. He started laughing and it "fell out" into my hair. When we were in the entrance, we picked up the old creel (a shellfish trap) that we had put down when we were going in to Loch Moidart. We had gotten it from a fisherman and had caught 3 crabs. We went to the town of Tobermory and the next day we went to Loch Teacuis. The next place, Loch Drumbuie, Dad had to be on a phone meeting, but the only place there was phone access was right next to a Dutch boat. In Scotland, people try to anchor as far away from each other as possible, so they thought we were being a bit rude. The next day, we did a day stop in the Treshnish Isles. We went for a hike and saw a lot of puffins really close up on the cliff top. Apparently, they come close when there are a lot of people because they know that when humans are there, their predators go away. It was good timing because we were there at the same time as a tourist boat. We left later that day because it was a really sketchy anchorage and went to Craigaig Bay. The previous owner of the cruising guide had written that there was a clearance village there. We had no idea what that was, so we decided to go look. It was really just some old ruins. The day after, we did another day stop in Staffa, where there was cool rock formations. We went into a cave in Zoom, and then got back to Blue Hour very quickly, because it was even more sketchy there and we were rolling around like crazy. In the afternoon, we sailed to Tinker's Hole. It was a cozy spot, but we had to anchor and tie to shore because there was not enough swinging room. I sold some of my baked goods to some other boaters there. It cost 50 pence or a book and I called it the Blue Hour Bakery. Next we went to Loch Tarbert in the Isle of Jura. There was a nice bothy (a house that is left unlocked for people to stay in for the night) there, and we flew our stunt kite that we had bought a few summers ago in the Magdalen Islands. Right now we are in a town called Tayvalich. Our friend Dougie had offered let us send some packages to his address there where his girlfriend lives. There were a lot of packages. We were joking that Dad was looking forward to getting his coffee maker out of one of the boxes, I was looking forward to my book, Jonas was looking forward to his fishing lures, and Mom was getting a toilet seat lid. We went out for dinner with Dougie's girlfriend, Lottie, then went home and unpacked all the packages. It is 10:05 pm and Dad is still not done.
Comments
Vessel Name: Blue Hour
Vessel Make/Model: Westerly Ocean 49
Hailing Port: Toronto
Crew: Jonathon, Nina, Joni, Jonas, Sirius
Blue Hour's Photos - Main
10 Photos
Created 17 July 2022
6 Photos
Created 29 May 2022
8 Photos
Created 17 May 2022
This is the light show in Cascais, Portugal.
21 Photos
Created 27 September 2017
11 Photos
Created 15 June 2017

Who: Jonathon, Nina, Joni, Jonas, Sirius
Port: Toronto