Blue Hour

Who: Jonathon, Nina, Joni, Jonas, Sirius
Port: Toronto
10 June 2023 | Toronto, Ontario
06 September 2022 | Toronto, Canada
06 September 2022 | Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Glasgow, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Ardrossan, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Ardrossan, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Toronto, Canada
27 August 2022 | Gigha, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Carsaig, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Tayvallich, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Tayvallich, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Carsaig, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Canna, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Canna, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Canna, Scotland

Mycenae

28 December 2017 | Mycenae, Peloponnesus, Greece
Joni
After visiting Freddy and Freida, we walked around town. There are many cool shops in Nafplio, like a shop that sells interesting chocolates such as strawberry pepper, apple cinnamon, and caramelized rice. There is also a pottery shop that sells home-made pottery, and a wood carving shop.

The next day, we took a bus to the ruins of Mycenae. Mycenae was an Ancient Greek city on the island of Peloponnesus from 1600 BCE to 1100 BCE, about a thousand years before the Classical Greek period. It was a very important city because many Greek myths are related to it. Mycenae’s influence spread to other cities such as Corinth, Tiryns, Pyros, Athens, Thebes, and Orochomenos. The Mycenaeans were warriors and always prepared for battle. They were also very good at trading, weapon making, and building. They were known for building citadels on top of hills with huge blocks of stone for the entrances. It was believed that cyclopses built these entrances, since the blocks were too heavy for humans to lift. The city consisted of the King, the ruling class, and the common people. The ruling class was in charge of economy, safety of the city, and training and recruiting new warriors. It was made up of local chiefs. The lower class worked in the royal palace or were self employed.

We explored the ancient city, and we could tell it was older than the other Greek ruins we saw. It was a nice place to put a town because it was nestled between two mountains and had beautiful scenery. We went to the museum, then ran to the treasury, since our bus was going to leave soon. The treasury was circular and pointed at the top. It was very big and mostly intact, but nobody knows what was in there. We ran back to the bus station and waited for our bus, but the bus didn’t come, so we took a taxi instead.

This was the stone believed to have been put there by cyclopses.
Comments
Vessel Name: Blue Hour
Vessel Make/Model: Westerly Ocean 49
Hailing Port: Toronto
Crew: Jonathon, Nina, Joni, Jonas, Sirius
Blue Hour's Photos - Main
10 Photos
Created 17 July 2022
6 Photos
Created 29 May 2022
8 Photos
Created 17 May 2022
This is the light show in Cascais, Portugal.
21 Photos
Created 27 September 2017
11 Photos
Created 15 June 2017

Who: Jonathon, Nina, Joni, Jonas, Sirius
Port: Toronto