Blue Merlin

15 November 2009 | in the yard
14 November 2009 | in the dock
02 November 2009 | Round and about
02 November 2009 | Up the river with a paddle
30 October 2009 | Bosa - Nautica Pinna boatyard
29 October 2009 | Bosa, Sardinia

Introduction

29 October 2009 | Bosa, Sardinia
Amy
Having been the shy types and resisted blogging for ages, its now time to join the new wave and embrace technology to keep a record of daily life aboard and to keep family and friends updated as its not always possible to get back to the UK very often or indeed have long phone conversations.
It also gives us a chance to share with you, the readers, the wonderful places we travel to and explain about nature, weather, culture etc.

Currently we are living aboard our Fisher 46, a 46' long motor sailer yacht, launched in 1982, the 14th and last built in her class to survive, not counting the bizzare steel version from Holland.
We are based for the winter in Bosa, a tiny town 40 miles south of the North West tip of Sardinia which is an Italian island in the Western Mediterranean.

Blue Merlin was hauled out of the water just over 5 weeks ago for winter maintenance, the largest job of which is a complete overhaul of both masts, replacing rigging, wiring and painting. The sails are currently at the sailmakers in Alghero receiving TLC.
The boatyard here in Bosa is a small family run unit, and we are perched on the dockside until we finish working on the masts and then we can get back in the water.
Vessel Name: Blue Merlin
Vessel Make/Model: Fisher 46
Hailing Port: Bosa, Sardinia
Crew: Alan & Amy

Who: Alan & Amy
Port: Bosa, Sardinia