Blue Merlin

15 November 2009 | in the yard
14 November 2009 | in the dock
02 November 2009 | Round and about
02 November 2009 | Up the river with a paddle
30 October 2009 | Bosa - Nautica Pinna boatyard
29 October 2009 | Bosa, Sardinia

14 November 2009 | in the dock
Ames
Its been a few days since my last contribution, not much has happened except we had a storm last week and several days of rain, and now, while the UK is experiencing storms, we have been basking in 22c temperatures and clear blue skies more alike those days of summer.
Alan has spent a week getting the scratches out and polishing one side of the upper hull and ive finished mounting the steps on both masts and we are now installing wiring and fittings.
We had a trip to Alghero last Tuesday to get a few things including a new macerator pump. We spent Monday indoors as it was raining and fixed up the main bilge pump. It had been out of action for a while but now we can empty the main bilge right to the bottom.

Ive continued being bitten by mossies, this time they are aiming for my chin and shoulder. I went to the super market last night and was relieved to see a whole shelf dedicated to insect problems, so im not alone. Mussolini drained the marshes in this area in 1933 and dissinfected the local houses with DDT, but the mossies remain. Luckily they arnt yet carrying maleria.

Work is still continuing in the yard to dig the hole. Its now 5 mts deep and nearing the bottom. Last night a 70' boat came in to be hauled. Shes the Andrea Jensen, a 64 ton Gaff Ketch, built in Denmark in 1939 as a fishing boat. Now shes based nr Alghero and owned by an English couple.

The nights are drawing in, its dark here by 17.30 and the cicadas have stopped singing this week since the rain. One of the Alsatian dogs in the yard have disappeared and the price of fish is offensive.
I went food shopping last night, and always looking out for a bargain, I spied what appeared to be beef due to its dark red hue and of course the price caught my eye. 1.76Euro on special offer. It was only when I got it home that Alan pointed out its actually horse meat. I guess its the first and last time I shall be eating a scabby horse, casseroled.
Comments
Vessel Name: Blue Merlin
Vessel Make/Model: Fisher 46
Hailing Port: Bosa, Sardinia
Crew: Alan & Amy

Who: Alan & Amy
Port: Bosa, Sardinia