S/V Blueprint Travels

21 September 2017 | Charleston SC
21 September 2017 | Near Georgetown SC
20 September 2017 | Southport
19 September 2017 | Hampstead NC
18 September 2017 | Morehead City NC
17 September 2017 | Bellhaven NC
16 September 2017 | Coinjock
13 September 2017 | Norfolk VA
11 September 2017 | Long Island sound
09 September 2017 | Newport
08 September 2017 | Onset
07 September 2017 | Gloucester
17 July 2016 | Kennebunkport
09 May 2016 | Gloucester
09 May 2016 | Cuttyhunk
08 May 2016 | Noank CT
07 May 2016 | Fishers Island, NY
02 May 2016 | Port Washington NY
01 May 2016 | Atlantic City, NJ
30 April 2016 | Cape Henlopen, DE

Solomons Island to Annapolis MD

27 April 2016 | Annopolis
Grey, Raw, 50's Yucch
When we woke up the weather had become cloudy and raw. Reminded us of the springs we have in Maine, and normally temps here should be in the 70's so the locals were complaining. Had a good run up to Annapolis, the current gods were with us again. Arrived at the city mooring field about 3p.m. Gloomy day but lots to do in Annapolis. We decided to stay a couple of days. That afternoon we walked over to the US Navy academy and up the streets by the state capital. Found a great Ice Cream shop and then a nice pub down near the waterfront. Met a nice couple from Hull MA, there were headed home and staying there for a couple of nights returning from Florida. We hit it off very well, Marty was a retired Eastern Airlines pilot, and had some great funny stories about "the good old days" in the airline world. The next morning we showered at the harbormasters office and then spent 4 hours walking about the Naval Academy. Met a couple of graduates of 1951 at there 65th reunion. Neither of them had known Ken Munroe, Lisa's dad, who graduated in 1950. Its a very impressive campus, and worth the time if ever you find yourself in Annapolis. After that we went up and took the tour of the capital building. It so happened there was a group touring and they asked us to join them, turns out the tourguide was Mr. Speaker, Rep. Busch of MD. A lot of history in this building, as George Washington stepped down as leaded of the Continental Army in this building. I would recommend visiting this as well. After that we went to an old inn dating back from the 1700s and had Tea and Scones, British Style. Then back to our favorite pub and met our friends again Marty and Gary, for drinks and appetizers. It was raining hard and lousy again. I managed in my stupor to put our bag with my laptop and tablet into the bilge of the dinghy. I demo'd the tablet, and now the laptop has a funny look on the screen. Dummy....
Comments
Vessel Name: BLueprint
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol 41.1 CC
Hailing Port: Kennebunkport ME