Blue Snail Travel

Vessel Name: BLUE SNAIL
Vessel Make/Model: Corbin 39 CC
Hailing Port: Vancouver
Crew: Frank & Linda
About:
Frank is from Vancouver, B.C. and Linda is from Washington. They left their home in Maryland in late 2010, to start cruising. They traveled South through the ICW to Florida and on to Mexico before transiting the Panama Canal. [...]
Extra: Frank and Linda enjoy traveling with their shipmate Moshe, a domestic short hair cat.
04 May 2016
20 April 2016
21 October 2015
22 June 2015
04 November 2014
04 September 2014 | San Carlos
20 June 2014
06 May 2014
17 March 2014
27 December 2013
05 November 2013
01 October 2013
13 September 2013
16 August 2013
10 July 2013 | 27 56.5
Recent Blog Posts
04 May 2016

Blue snail 2 location

Hello everyone,

21 October 2015

Blue snail II October 2015

It is a out time for a new blog post! I am blaming the delay on the computer. The truth!

22 June 2015

Los Alamos

June 2015

02 April 2015

San Carlos Blue Snail Two

April 2015

04 November 2014

San Carlos Nov 2014

Blue Snail is still in San Carlos. In September, we were fortunate to have the boat here as the remnants of Hurricane Odile passed by, about 75 miles away. This was the storm that was devastating to Cabo San Lucas and La Paz on the Baja side of Mexico. Winds here in San Carlos were about 35-45 for [...]

San Carlos 2013 Marina Seca

05 November 2013
Oops! Correction to previous blog regarding the Copper Canyon: We traveled to Urique from Ceracahui, not from Creel. Also, returned to Los Mochis from Ceracahui/Bahuichivo and not Creel.

Now....the updated news. Blue Snail was hauled to the dry yard in Marina Seca, San Carlos, on October 3rd and this time we were placed in a better location, on concrete instead of dirt and gravel. Still, the yard is very, very dirty but an improvement from last year. Frank is working hard to get the deck prep completed for the upcoming paint-work. He plans to re-paint the entire deck and non-skid. As can be imagined the work involves lots of sanding and tedious hand-work, not to mention lots of dust and dirt to be cleaned up every day. All of the painting materials should be arriving next week and with any luck, the actual painting will be the easier part. While this work is being done, he has also made a fiberglass bracket for the large anchor that resides on the aft rail, re-cored both anchor lockers and made some modifications for the deck wash hose connection. Also, he made a clam like cover for the external head sink drain. It has been inconveniently squirting water UP the drain in a seaway for some time. Had one minor calamity when he dropped the large anchor rode tube he was adjusting on the back rail. Amazing to see what happens when something is dropped from 12 feet onto concrete!

As usual, we have seen quite a few people again that we have become friends with in our travels.

With supplies coming in next week, and decent weather, we anticipate being able to launch before Thanksgiving. If all goes well, we hope to be south of San Carlos before Christmas.
Comments

About & Links