Blue Snail Travel

Vessel Name: BLUE SNAIL
Vessel Make/Model: Corbin 39 CC
Hailing Port: Vancouver
Crew: Frank & Linda
About:
Frank is from Vancouver, B.C. and Linda is from Washington. They left their home in Maryland in late 2010, to start cruising. They traveled South through the ICW to Florida and on to Mexico before transiting the Panama Canal. [...]
Extra: Frank and Linda enjoy traveling with their shipmate Moshe, a domestic short hair cat.
04 May 2016
20 April 2016
21 October 2015
22 June 2015
04 November 2014
04 September 2014 | San Carlos
20 June 2014
06 May 2014
17 March 2014
27 December 2013
05 November 2013
01 October 2013
13 September 2013
16 August 2013
10 July 2013 | 27 56.5
Recent Blog Posts
04 May 2016

Blue snail 2 location

Hello everyone,

21 October 2015

Blue snail II October 2015

It is a out time for a new blog post! I am blaming the delay on the computer. The truth!

22 June 2015

Los Alamos

June 2015

02 April 2015

San Carlos Blue Snail Two

April 2015

04 November 2014

San Carlos Nov 2014

Blue Snail is still in San Carlos. In September, we were fortunate to have the boat here as the remnants of Hurricane Odile passed by, about 75 miles away. This was the storm that was devastating to Cabo San Lucas and La Paz on the Baja side of Mexico. Winds here in San Carlos were about 35-45 for [...]

La Cruz again

17 March 2014
Blue Snail Blog La Cruz March 2014
Seems like it is always hard to leave Barra de Navidad. Such an interesting and multi-faceted town. Just before we departed we went to see an Elvis show at the "Sands Hotel" and what a treat. Most of the cruisers from Barra attended and everyone had a great time, including Elvis, who appeared to be alive and well and in good voice! What a great show and a nice guy too.
Anyway, finally departed Barra on March 6th and made the overnight trip to La Cruz. Had some wind and lumpy seas around Cabo Corrientes, but nothing to get excited about. We were lucky with our slip assignment and are again on our favorite dock #7.
While in La Cruz, so far, we have been to Philo's again for dinner and music, walked the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta, been on a search for more parts and oil filters and encountered many friends. The weather has been just spectacular with clear blue skies and temps in the 80's with a brisk afternoon breeze. The next two weeks here feature quite a bit of international racing with all sizes of boats. Also, there are quite a few boats here getting ready to "puddle jump" to the south pacific, so lots of excitement about that.
We made a day trip to the Botanical Gardens in Puerto Vallarta. Had to do a little research to find the correct bus routes, but found the Gardens with no trouble. What a beautiful place! The gardens are well tended but rustic and located in the mountains along the coast. Several hiking trails make it extra special. Had a lovely lunch at the restaurant there and just could not believe how well done the entire operation is. Part of the treat was the bus ride along the dramatic coastline near Cabo Corrientes. We just love the bus rides!
We leave tomorrow morning to travel by bus to San Miguel de Allende, about 300 miles inland. Will spend a day or two there and then travel to the nearby town of Guanajuate. We have heard many good things about these interesting old colonial mining towns....so here we go.


Comments

About & Links