Blue Snail Travel

Vessel Name: BLUE SNAIL
Vessel Make/Model: Corbin 39 CC
Hailing Port: Vancouver
Crew: Frank & Linda
About:
Frank is from Vancouver, B.C. and Linda is from Washington. They left their home in Maryland in late 2010, to start cruising. They traveled South through the ICW to Florida and on to Mexico before transiting the Panama Canal. [...]
Extra: Frank and Linda enjoy traveling with their shipmate Moshe, a domestic short hair cat.
04 May 2016
20 April 2016
21 October 2015
22 June 2015
04 November 2014
04 September 2014 | San Carlos
20 June 2014
06 May 2014
17 March 2014
27 December 2013
05 November 2013
01 October 2013
13 September 2013
16 August 2013
10 July 2013 | 27 56.5
Recent Blog Posts
04 May 2016

Blue snail 2 location

Hello everyone,

21 October 2015

Blue snail II October 2015

It is a out time for a new blog post! I am blaming the delay on the computer. The truth!

22 June 2015

Los Alamos

June 2015

02 April 2015

San Carlos Blue Snail Two

April 2015

04 November 2014

San Carlos Nov 2014

Blue Snail is still in San Carlos. In September, we were fortunate to have the boat here as the remnants of Hurricane Odile passed by, about 75 miles away. This was the storm that was devastating to Cabo San Lucas and La Paz on the Baja side of Mexico. Winds here in San Carlos were about 35-45 for [...]

San Carlos Blue Snail Two

02 April 2015
April 2015
We are so guilty of not blogging for such a long time....now don't know what to write. Since last November things have been mostly quiet. Still in San Carlos, of course. Cold weather, if you can call it that here, only lasted about 6 weeks around the holidays. Found out later that this winter had been the warmest on record. No complaints about that, of course.
It has been hard watching our friends get their boats ready and proceed south to Puerto Vallarta and beyond to other great places. However, we are not so sad because our wonderful boat Blue Snail has been sold and her new captain is an old friend of Frank's. How great for us to be able to follow her new adventures. This is truly a win for everyone! All of this excitement took place in January and February and it kept us very busy with moving from the boat and re-locating. We are living temporarily in a small hotel next door to the marina. It is very similar to a studio apartment and is rustic, old Mexican. Has everything we need for now, so all is good. We are, however, truly homeless! No boat, no motor home yet....you get the idea. We call our temporary digs our "half-way house".
Frank works daily on the van to motor home conversion and things are coming along nicely. We expect it to be completed by sometime in June. We are very fortunate to have found a storage facility here that is allowing Frank to work on the van. The owner is fantastic and everyone at the facility is watching the conversion with much interest. The work sometimes seems to be going way too slowly and then all of a sudden great progress appears, and we can see the end in sight. Made a trip to AZ a month ago for parts and supplies and will most likely have to go again in May for more. There is always something we need, not available here.
So, in this picture, my primary job, now that we don't have a boat to take care of, is to keep our little temporary home in order and take care of all the day to day things, so all Frank has to do is work on the van. So far, he does not need my help and this system is working out fine.
San Carlos is being improved and has new sidewalks, new bus stops and new flowers and shrubs planted all through town. A large fountain in the center of the roadway shoots water in the air with colored lights and music. Just last week, the fountain music was playing "Under the Boardwalk", in Spanish. I had just left the market where the music in the store was "Unchained Melody", also in Spanish. Quite by accident, we have obtained some random dance music on a CD that actually has "Achey Breakey Heart" on it, in Spanish,, of course. We just love Mexico!!
A word about Moshe the cat. She has adjusted just fine with all of the packing and moving around. We have created a window seat for her at the hotel so she can look outside. An occasional Gecko appears on an inside wall and startles us more than her. So far, she has not caught one or noticed it that we are aware of. She hasn't said if she misses the boat or not. Speaking of cats, I am still feeding the wild cats of B dock for the sanctuary. Have to walk a little more in the morning but that has proven to be a non-issue.
It appears that we have a resident tarantula in our big storage/work locker where the van work is being done. (may have mentioned this before) Frank has seen her on several occasions and says she is gorgeous?? I have not seen her. I personally don't wish her harm and she is welcome to stay as long as she doesn't transfer to the motor home when we leave!!!! Frank has named her "Judy". Don't know why "Judy" or "her", .probably best not to ask.
We are traveling to Los Alamos in April for a 4 day get- away. Have heard great things about this lovely town and so we are looking forward to this break in our routine. Will be traveling by bus as we usually do. So much fun to sit back and enjoy the scenery. Next week is Semana Santa or Holy Week and the biggest holiday of the year in Mexico. We have not ever been in San Carlos for this event but are told things will be crazy with people and traffic. Should be fun.
We PROMISE to write again....
Comments

About & Links