Blue Snail Travel

Vessel Name: BLUE SNAIL
Vessel Make/Model: Corbin 39 CC
Hailing Port: Vancouver
Crew: Frank & Linda
About:
Frank is from Vancouver, B.C. and Linda is from Washington. They left their home in Maryland in late 2010, to start cruising. They traveled South through the ICW to Florida and on to Mexico before transiting the Panama Canal. [...]
Extra: Frank and Linda enjoy traveling with their shipmate Moshe, a domestic short hair cat.
04 May 2016
20 April 2016
21 October 2015
22 June 2015
04 November 2014
04 September 2014 | San Carlos
20 June 2014
06 May 2014
17 March 2014
27 December 2013
05 November 2013
01 October 2013
13 September 2013
16 August 2013
10 July 2013 | 27 56.5
Recent Blog Posts
04 May 2016

Blue snail 2 location

Hello everyone,

21 October 2015

Blue snail II October 2015

It is a out time for a new blog post! I am blaming the delay on the computer. The truth!

22 June 2015

Los Alamos

June 2015

02 April 2015

San Carlos Blue Snail Two

April 2015

04 November 2014

San Carlos Nov 2014

Blue Snail is still in San Carlos. In September, we were fortunate to have the boat here as the remnants of Hurricane Odile passed by, about 75 miles away. This was the storm that was devastating to Cabo San Lucas and La Paz on the Baja side of Mexico. Winds here in San Carlos were about 35-45 for [...]

Los Alamos

22 June 2015
June 2015

June finds us still happily in San Carlos. Frank is still working on the van conversion of Blue Snail II and it appears that the end is in sight! We will not, however, be departing Mexico on schedule in June as expected…..more like late July or so. (or so?). Anyway, we have no complaints as we get to enjoy Mexico for a little while longer.
We traveled to Los Alamos in April for a 4 day get-a-way. What a fabulous trip! This small colonial town is in the mountains and in the southernmost part of Sonora. We were not able to find much information about the town before we went, so did not know exactly what to expect. What a wonderful surprise is was with lots of restored colonial buildings, houses and churches and beautiful squares. We found it very friendly and safe and not touristy. We had selected the Hotel Colonial for our stay and truly enjoyed it. This 8 room hotel is newly restored and very nice and beautifully cared for by the very gracious hosts. Needless to say, we had a great time in Alamos.
Also in April we experienced our first Semana Santa in San Carlos. Really not much to talk about except for large numbers of folks coming to the beaches and then just cruising the main roads at night. And…lots and lots of beer drinking. Seemed like everyone was having a good time and for the most part avoided trouble.
The new owner of Blue Snail has come to San Carlos a few times since he acquired her and we have enjoyed his visits and the transfer. We are very pleased that we will be able to follow the new adventures of Blue Snail.
Moshe the cat is fine. She has a new “special friend” in the form of a gecko who has taken up residence in our hotel room. We see him most nights but not for the last 2 or 3. Wonder what happened to him?? Again, good thing the cat can’t talk.
Finally, we are planning one more trip to Arizona for the last needed supplies to complete the van. Possibly, and hopefully, with the next blog post, we will be on our way to new and different adventures. More later.
Comments

About & Links