Magic's Adventure

21 April 2009 | Georgetown
17 April 2009 | Mayaguana
11 November 2008 | St Croix
07 November 2008 | St Croix
22 October 2008 | St Croix
21 September 2008 | St Croix
15 September 2008 | Chaguaramas Bay, Trinidad
15 September 2008 | Chaguaramas Bay, Trinidad
14 September 2008 | Chaguaramas Bay, Trinidad
07 September 2008 | Scotland Bay, Trinidad
21 August 2008 | Clarkes Court Bay, Grenada
09 August 2008 | Clarkes Court Bay, Grenada
06 August 2008 | Clarkes Court Bay, Grenada
06 June 2008 | Bequia
05 June 2008 | Bequia
02 June 2008 | Bequia
28 May 2008 | Bequia
27 May 2008 | Bequia
26 May 2008 | Bequia
25 May 2008 | Guadaloupe

Carriacou - November 2008

11 November 2008 | St Croix
Donna
The celebration for Tim's birthday started on Saturday afternoon with a cricket match on the beach at Sandy Island. Unfortunately the batsmen soon realized that whacking the ball out to sea put the fielders at something of a disadvantage, so new rules had to be introduced with regard to where the ball could be hit, and with how much force. Fortunately the rules seemed to work and the match progressed during the afternoon on more of a level playing field, literally if not in reality!

During the late afternoon we brought the food ashore. The party was a BBQ and 'pot-luck' and everyone bought a dish to share. Pot-lucks are a great favourite with cruisers and we have experienced some wonderful food as a result. This occasion was no exception, and by early evening with the bonfire going well and the wine and beer flowing, everyone was relaxed and having a wonderful time. It was late in the evening (by cruising standards anyway) when the party broke up and we all headed back to the boats.

Over the next few days we all spent lot of time on the beach, swimming, snorkelling having BBQs and generally relaxing. Dave & I, and Tim & Linda donned our diving gear and made a dive off the end of the island. The water still hadn't really cleared from the bad weather we had experienced a week or so before, but we still had a wonderful dive and were impressed with the amount of life on the small reef. Dave was particularly thrilled when he spotted and managed to catch a large lobster, but was very good about putting it back when he realized that she was 'berried', (a female with eggs). This was Dave's first lobster catch in months and only served to whet his appetite for more hunting.

But we had no more time to spend in Carriacou and on November 11th we hauled the anchor and headed to Hillsborough to check out of the country. We had all decided to spend Christmas in Antigua and needed to be moving north. We also wanted to spend some more time in the Tobago Cays on our way, so our next destination was to be Clifton Bay, Union Island where we would check into St. Vincent and The Grenadines.

Vessel Name: Magic
Vessel Make/Model: Baba 40
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: David & Donna Glessing