Midlife Crisis Cure

19 August 2008
29 February 2008 | La Cruz
24 February 2008 | Barra de Navidad
01 February 2008 | Manzanillo
30 January 2008 | From Manzanillo
30 January 2008 | From Manzanillo
25 January 2008 | Barra de Navidad
25 January 2008 | Barra de Navidad
25 January 2008 | From Barra
25 January 2008 | Barra de Navidad
24 January 2008
01 January 2008
28 December 2007 | Mazatlan
28 December 2007
27 December 2007
27 December 2007 | From Mazatlan
22 December 2007
19 December 2007
19 December 2007

Banderas Bay Part 2

25 January 2008 | Barra de Navidad
That was a cold beer. I have now had a few and so there could be a few typos but I think I can spell Spainard, Spaniard. There.

The Marina in La Cruz did not have internet or fuel as advertised. Heck they were still dredging the rest of the marina. They had three docks open. My first shower was cold. That was not good.

There were people working from early in the morning to late at night and the dredges worked round the clock. Now this is very unusual for Mexico. Over the years I have seen lots of construction jobs in Mexico, I have too! They will work on one wall or one piece of the building for a week while everything else waits. It is like me, I cannot multitask, walk, then talk, walk, then talk. That was not the case here. Every where you looked there were men on the job, the palm roofs, sidewalks, dredge, offices, everywhere from sunup to sunset Monday thru Saturday and half day Sunday. In the four days there I saw a distinct change in the appearance of the marina. I even had hot showers. Alas, no hot water at the faucets for hot shaves.

We continued our Social commitments by attending the free concert of Willie and Lobo, evidently pretty famous, at Filos. Having dinner at a German Restaurant with our Canadian friends. Watching the Chargers beat the Colts in PV.

Side note. We noticed on the bus ride home on Sunday after the Charger game that the sky had turned dark and stormy. This was a bad omen and something was not right in the world. Many of you know of what I speak and are fully aware that a Giant had swooped down and took it all away from Americas Team.



Comments
Vessel Name: Bold Lady
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 38
Hailing Port: Long Beach, Ca
Extra: Singlehanded sailor heading to Mexico Gold Coast then up to Sea for Spring and Summer

Mike Perez

Port: Long Beach, Ca