Adventures of S/V Boomerang!

Preparing for the Offshore Rally -

05 June 2014 | LaTrappe Creek
29 May 2013 | Chesapeake Bay
29 May 2013 | Chesapeake Bay
18 April 2013 | Oxford,MD
03 May 2010 | Kent Narrows to Knapps Narrows
19 April 2010 | Kent Island, MD
30 March 2010 | St Michaels, MD
13 February 2010 | Kent Narrows, MD
10 February 2010 | St Michaels, MD
09 February 2010 | Yacht Yard, Kent Narrows
02 February 2010 | Home Port
29 December 2009 | St Michaels, MD

Been a while, but.....

30 March 2010 | St Michaels, MD
CS - Rain, unfortunately....
Well, hello again from the Boomerang! Crew. Although we have had some rain the last few days, I wanted to provide an update to the blog and our faithful following.

Over the last couple of weeks, we have been hard at work. We have compounded, buffed, and waxed the hull, and stripped all the teak. Man, she looks like a new boat! I am traveling the next few days, but anticipate the weekend upcoming to be in the upper 70's and sunny, finally, and I will finish the brightwork above decks with a quick sand and several new coats of satin finish. That should complete the outside cosmetic work.

Gina has been busy inside the cabin cleaning, scouring actually. The head, galley, and main salon are now in great shape and ready for cruising and our favorite visitors to come aboard and join us getting to know the Great Chesapeake. There is still some mechanical work to take care of, and the bottom, but after that we are planning to splash Boomerang! sometime after April 15, US Tax Day....which if this current administration has its way, will likely become a national holiday! All we know is, we are out of here prior to the coming nightmare...and it is coming....though I digress....

Not planing to take off this year for parts known and unknown, as that will likely take place in 2012, after the work at hand with my current venture which is looking fantastic!

I have posted a photo which should be indicative (for those of you that have seen her prior to all this work being done) of the hard work we have put in to get Boomerang! just right.... See you all soon! :-)
Comments
Vessel Name: Boomerang!
Vessel Make/Model: 1980 Cal 39, Mark II
Hailing Port: Oxford, MD
Crew: Capt Charles and Gina (Jib Chick)
About: Gina (Jib Chick) My Wife, My Partner and My Very Bestest Friend - Love Ya Babe!
Extra: Boomerang! is finally back in the water after another long hard winter....and her complete refit!

Who: Capt Charles and Gina (Jib Chick)
Port: Oxford, MD