Bourdons Gallivant

29 July 2012
25 June 2012 | Honolulu
23 June 2012 | Honolulu, Hawaii
21 June 2012 | Honolulu!!!
21 June 2012
21 June 2012 | Off Oahu!!
20 June 2012
20 June 2012
19 June 2012
18 June 2012
16 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
15 June 2012 | 25 01.139'N:-145.021843 (1130)
14 June 2012
14 June 2012 | (from Honolulu)
14 June 2012

Leg 2 - day 13 TOO FUNNY NOT TO POST!

14 June 2012
Capt John via ocens email
a New Cure for Seasickness?

Oh what a day......yes it felt great to get fresh and clean, but in 6 hours we only covered 22 miles.........22 MILES!!! We would arrive sometime next spring at that rate.
Yet the sea state was not calm. We were like a cork pitched back and forth to and fro. I've heard it likened to crawling into a washing machine. Pretty accurate really.
We both took naps, and then Justin tried to replace the thermostat on the motor. Being in a confined space while focusing on a task while being tossed about is the perfect recipe for sea sickness and nausea. He went up top to get some air while I did the thermostat. He started the motor for me to check for any leaks and we decided to just motor.......I'd like to say motor sail but that would be just a bald faced lie! During this trip I have remained quite bald on the top but my face has taken on more of a grizzly Adams appearance.
 We were gonna motor for an hour. About 30 minutes into our "travels" Justin spotted a tide rip, a long line of debris brought together by the currents filled with all sorts of garbage. Nets, plastic floats, bottles..........hmmmm.......My friend Ronnie loaned us a "pea shooter" to defend us against pirates and mal-contents of the high seas. All that crap in the water sure did look like target to me!
I loaded 3 clips with 50 rounds and handed it off to Justin. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!! Ah what a hoot! I kept a sharp eye out for nets and ropes (to stay the heck away from) and Justin had a hay day blasting floats and sending them to a watery grave with nothing but a trail of bubbles to mark that it ever was there. And ya know what? He felt a lot better after that. No sooner did we get everything put away.......the wind picked up too!! WOO HOO!
Both Main and Jib are full up and our speed is again in the 7's rather than 1 to 2 mph. (we should have started shootin stuff at 5am)
  I hear that Dad is doing OK (better than that really) and I am sure that Jenni is keeping everyone up to date.
Comments
Vessel Name: Gallivant
Vessel Make/Model: Alajuela 33
Hailing Port: Olympia, WA
Crew: John & Jenni Bourdon
About: Crew list for the Hawaii crossing: John (the Captain) Bourdon -- Bob (Dad) Bourdon -- Justin (son) Bourdon -- Case (aka: little brother) Webb (and Jenni will join the crew from Maui to Oahu)

Who: John & Jenni Bourdon
Port: Olympia, WA