Bravado Breeze

Sailing into the Sunset

26 October 2013
25 October 2013
14 October 2013
09 October 2013
07 October 2013
06 October 2013
05 October 2013
02 October 2013
02 October 2013
01 October 2013
30 September 2013
30 September 2013
24 September 2013
22 September 2013
21 September 2013
16 September 2013
14 September 2013
13 September 2013

We are home :)

25 October 2013
Steve managed to temporary mend the auto pilot but by then we missed the weather window and we stopped at Forster / Tuncurry as 25-30 nt winds were predicted , going through the bar was another "interesting" and "breathtaking" situation but it all went well, as we were going through we could feel so many eyes on us, all the fishermen had stopped to watch us going through, maybe that was the entertainment for the day lol.( mind you there was no cheers like we had going through the Camden Haven bar lol) We also notice the guys from VMR watching and later they congratulated Steve on a job well done.

We do enjoy going around the beautiful area but at the same time we were eager to get home , so after three days the conditions improved not perfect but better than what it had been (actually the bar was a piece of cake ) so we headed home.

18 months after leaving Melbourne and exactly 6 months after moving aboard in Port Hacking we are now arriving in Corlette, Port Stephens , to our new home!

It has been a wonderful experience, we both learnt a lot, we met some lovely people, we visited some amazing places and Steve has done a fantastic job, we have had some lows and some highs but that is all part of the journey.

We are envisaging to be pretty busy settling into retirement with some of the things that have been mentioned...... woodturning, kayaking, gardening, bonsai ing , Marine rescue volunteer, animal shelter volunteer, the garage will be divided so half of it will be a workshop, Bravado needs quite a bit of work, the list goes on and on, just as well we are retired !

Comments
Vessel Name: Bravado
Vessel Make/Model: Olympic 40
Hailing Port: Melbourne
Crew: Captain Steve & First Mate Ines
Extra: Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do then by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain -- Living the dream and sailing into the sunset
Home Page: www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_bravadobreeze/
Social:

Bravado's Crew

Who: Captain Steve & First Mate Ines
Port: Melbourne