BRILLIANT'S LOG

"No matter where you go... there you are." Buckeroo Banzai

01 January 2011 | Stuart Florida Cruisers BBQ
30 October 2009 | Annapolis Boat Show
01 October 2009 | Dinghy Raft Up
20 September 2009 | Lucky Bird at Anchor Cacaway Island, MD
18 September 2009 | Riding the Flood Tide, Delaware Bay
18 September 2009 | TigerLily and Gramps on a Maine Lake
08 August 2009 | Rounding Small Point, Maine.
22 July 2009 | Roseate Spoonbill
04 July 2009 | The New Rudder Quadrant
18 May 2009 | Repaired Rudder!
18 April 2009 | Jacksonville, FL
17 February 2009 | Chart of Boot Key Harbor
07 February 2009 | "Brilliant" hard aground, Lake Sylvia, Ft. Lauderdale
29 December 2008 | Jewell Island, Maine
02 July 2008 | At sea off the New Jersey coast
23 June 2008 | Horn Harbor, VA "Painted Skies" dock
14 May 2008 | "Brilliant" Pasquatank River, NC
27 April 2008 | Cape Fear River
24 April 2008 | "Brilliant" at sea off South Carolina
24 December 2007 | Falmouth, Maine. Grandchildren TigerLily and Lion on the foredeck

Underway from Jacksonville, FL

24 April 2008 | "Brilliant" at sea off South Carolina
Photo by "Two Loose"
Brilliant's Log 01-08


Dear Family and Friends,

After spending our winter in Mulberry Cove Marina at the Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, Fl; "Brilliant's" crew is actually underway again! We left the marina on Tuesday and spend two nights in downtown Jacksonville. Not very exciting, but the docks were free.

It's been six years since we moved aboard and started our full time cruising life. During that time we had rather taken our health for granted and decided that while in Florida to have some routine check ups. Our plan for a couple of weeks quickly turned into months as the appointments for the routine procedures stretched out. Our Dermatologist wasn't pleased with our lifestyle and between the two of us we had close to a dozen appointments. Do use sunscreen! Now with a clean bill of health again we are on our way back north.

As I write this, we are anchored off Blount Island, just north of the St. John's River. We seem to have a good weather window to head offshore from Jacksonville, Fl directly to Beaufort, NC and plan on taking it. We'll up anchor tomorrow morning around 6 AM and if the weather holds hope to be in Beaufort by Monday morning. For our family if you get a call from the Coast Guard regarding our EPIRB going off (our emergency satellite beacon) please let them know that we are really out there so they we start the search efforts. We don't plan on that happening, but that's why we carry all that emergency stuff. Please don't worry about us unless you don't hear from us by Wednesday the 30th, you never know we might just get becalmed.

Our plans for this coming season are to quickly make our way to the Chesapeake Bay and explore. There is so much history there that we have yet to see from the water, it should be a fun time. Then we plan on making our way back to Maine for the majority of the summer. Grandbabies you know, not to mention some great seaports to visit.

After that, south again with the seasons. We'll like to continue all the way down to the Bahamas next winter, maybe even back to the Turks and Caicos, but we'll see. I'll try to do a better job with the log this season.

All the best,
Pete & Stephanie
s/y "Brilliant"
Moody 425
Anchored East Channel Blount Island, Florida






Comments
Vessel Name: Brilliant
Vessel Make/Model: Brilliant is a 1989 Moody 425.
Hailing Port: Pensacola
Crew: Stephanie & Pete Peterson
About:
We found "Brilliant" in Marmaris, Turkey in May 2001 while working on the Island of Crete. After Pete retired in April 2002 we moved aboard and began full time cruising. [...]
Extra: Brilliant's Log was and is written as a record of our travels. We started the e-mail logs in 2002 so that our family and friends could keep up with where we were and to share a bit of what the cruising life is all about. Hope you enjoy reading of our adventures!

The Crew

Who: Stephanie & Pete Peterson
Port: Pensacola