SailBlogs
Bookmark and Share
sailing away with R & B
Bottom job finished!
Beverly, cloudy and warm
04/03/2015

Yay! It's all done! Today Ralph added 2 coats of blue bottom paint. We now have 2 days to let it dry and will be splashing the boat (putting it back in the water) on Monday.

04/04/2015 | RJ2
Great job Ralph, bet you can't wait to do it again ;)
04/04/2015 | Ralph
Umm, yeah. Hopefully this paint stands up better than whatever the yard put on last time. At least this time, the job was done right (I hope), so have no one to blame except myself. Time will tell, but no doubt...Florida will be the real test.
Moving the stands
04/02/2015

You can see where the stands were - now we have just these few spots to finish.

We had to delay moving the stands. We had hoped to do it yesterday but the paint was not dry enough. Today it was ready so this morning the yard worker moved the stands for us. Ralph and I then scraped off barnacles, sanded, and washed down those areas. We painted a layer of barrier coat to prep, added the first coat of bottom paint (red), and will finish painting tomorrow.

More bottom paint
03/31/2015

The second and third coats of paint are blue.

Bottom paint
Beverly/sunny and warm
03/30/2015

The first coat of bottom paint is red, so we'll be able to tell when our paint is wearing off. Here's Ralph, part way through.

Barrier coat
Beverly/sunny and warm
03/29/2015

Today Ralph and Bob were able to start painting. They applied a barrier coat to the rudder and to blister repairs and some areas of the hull and keel. We used Interlux 2000E. It went on easily and covered well. Since the rudder was down to bare fiberglass, we put 3 coats on it. It's a much cleaner job than scraping and sanding (no barnacle bits or dust)!

Ready to paint
Beverly
03/28/2015

The hull is finally ready to paint. Today it required a little more sanding and then cleaning to prep for the paint tomorrow.

Older ]

 

 
Powered by SailBlogs