sailing away with R & B

31 May 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
06 May 2017
30 April 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
22 April 2017
22 April 2017
13 March 2017
08 March 2017
28 February 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 January 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 December 2016 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 November 2016 | Brunswick, Georgia
15 October 2016 | Brunswick, Georgia
15 September 2016 | Brunswick, Georgia
15 August 2016 | Brunswick, Georgia
15 July 2016 | Brunswick, Georgia
15 June 2016 | Brunswick, Georgia
20 May 2016 | Brunswick Landing Marina, Georgia
15 May 2016
15 May 2016 | Brunswick, Georgia

Monthly update

31 July 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
Beverly/mostly sunny and hot
The four of us at Rocky Mountain National Park

It's been a busy month for the Brogdons. We enjoyed the city of Brunswick's fireworks on the 4th, just across the marsh from our dock while celebrating with a dock party.

The next week, Beverly volunteered again at the Brunswick library book sale. It will be a long time until the next one because the library is being renovated.

Then on the 17th we flew to Denver to visit our son and his girlfriend for a week. What a great trip! We went out to eat at some of their favorite restaurants, did some cooking together at their apartment in Centennial, played with their dog, and went sightseeing. We enjoyed the Denver zoo together, especially the gibbons and the lorikeets.

For Ralph's birthday we had a waffle breakfast and drove into the mountains, stopping at Winter Park for lunch, then driving through Rocky Mountain National Park. Our last stop was Estes Park where we enjoyed a wonderful dinner. (We even had custom menus with Ralph's name on them.)

If that wasn't enough activity, we were welcomed back to Georgia and our dock with a party. Other than work and chores, we mostly just rested the last week of July. :)

Monthly update

30 June 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
Beverly/rainy
One of the beautiful sunsets we got this month at the marina.

June started with a big rainstorm with heavy rain and strong winds (not a hurricane or tropical storm, just bigger than the usual summer storms). We continued to have lots of afternoon showers/thunderstorms throughout the month. In spite of that we managed to have 3 dock parties and went out to dinner 3 times this month, which is unusual for us.

Things are still pretty busy at the marina so Ralph is working hard. Beverly is doing chores and indulging in a lot of reading.

Monthly update

31 May 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
Beverly/warm and mostly sunny
My wonderful birthday dinner at Thai Basil restaurant

We had an unexpected visitor to our boat for 2 weeks this month. One of the boaters here died and the local no-kill animal shelter didn't have space for his cat. So Beverly volunteered to foster the cat until there was room for him (which didn't make Ralph very happy). Sam was a nice cat but our little boat is not really big enough for all a cat's "stuff" so we were happy to see him go to a beautiful shelter with great staff and hopefully be adopted quickly.

We had several parties on our dock for birthdays or just because it seemed like the day for a party. For my birthday I had lunch with a group of friends and went to dinner with Ralph. There was also a big Memorial Day dinner at the clubhouse with the usual delicious food and great crowd. Fun times!

Monthly update

30 April 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
Beverly/warm and some showers
This month began with a nice Easter lunch at the clubhouse, put on by the marina. The food was great and it was fun getting together with everyone.

Ralph and his new assistant have been working hard with boats coming and going as the weather continues to warm.

Beverly and friends have been walking, going out for lunch, and working on our little gardens in pots at the top of the dock. This year's plants are red and jalapeno peppers, chives, basil, parsley, rosemary, and thyme. (Ha ha, did the Simon and Garfunkle song run through your head?)

Monthly update

31 March 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
Beverly/warming
It's spring! The weather is warming up and flowers are blooming. (Unfortunately that also means the evergreens are shedding pollen everywhere, turning our boats green and setting off Beverly's allergy.)

Beverly and a friend went to the annual international food tasting at the local Catholic church. There were so many choices and everything was delicious!

Ralph got a new assistant and has been busy training him. Also, transient season began mid month so they have plenty of work to do.

Monthly update

28 February 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
Beverly/pleasantly cool
The weather this month made us happy because it was warmer than last month. We really hate being cold!

It has been a quiet month at the marina for Ralph. Not many boats are moving so he hasn't been very busy, which is good since he doesn't have an assistant dockmaster right now.

Beverly went to a free showing of West Side Story at the library with a friend and to a play (Crimes of the Heart) put on by the local theater group. Both were very good! Then she spent 2 weeks helping the Brunswick library with their book sale.
Vessel Name: Fugue
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 36
Hailing Port: Kemah, TX
Crew: Ralph and Beverly Brogdon
About: We sold our house and everything in it, retired from our jobs, and are sailing away to new adventures.
Fugue's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 1 May 2015
No Photos
Created 24 April 2013
Repairs, etc.
3 Photos
Created 30 October 2012