sailing away with R & B

31 July 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 June 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 May 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 April 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 March 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
28 February 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 January 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
27 January 2018
31 December 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 November 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
03 November 2017
31 October 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
25 October 2017
30 September 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 August 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
21 August 2017
31 July 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 June 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
09 June 2017

Things to do in Rock Sound

17 February 2014 | Rock Sound, Eleuthera
Beverly/sunny and breezy, mid 70s
Ocean Hole, Rock Sound

We have been here 10 days and are planning to head north up the island in a day or two. While here we've walked to the market for provisioning, ferried water jugs and fuel jugs to and from the boat, and gone sightseeing. There are several nice little stores here: hardware, liquor, office supplies, beauty shops, laundry, service stations, etc. As I said before, the people are very friendly; in fact twice we've been offered rides when carrying stuff. The anchorage has been very calm most of the time. The water is a bit cloudy, but still that pretty blue, with lots of little minnows around the boat and bigger fish from time to time. The minnows sometimes fly out of the water like confetti (I call them fishfetti) and some end up in the dinghy, but we never find them in time to save them. One evening we watched a couple of dolphins and a ray moving across the harbor. We did move across the harbor to the west side when westerlies blew in ahead of a cold front (along with 18 other boats!), which was very protected as well.

One of our sightseeing stops was Ocean Hole park, a 600 ft. deep, wide hole in the limestone. There are a lot of good sized ocean fish there, like grouper, snapper, and angelfish. We didn't swim in it, but it's supposed to have minerals dissolved in it making it healthy, like a spa. It is surrounded by a nicely landscaped park with picnic tables, playground equipment and informative signs on the history, geography, and culture of the area.
Comments
Vessel Name: Fugue
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 36
Hailing Port: Kemah, TX
Crew: Ralph and Beverly Brogdon
About: We sold our house and everything in it, retired from our jobs, and are sailing away to new adventures.
Fugue's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 1 May 2015
No Photos
Created 24 April 2013
Repairs, etc.
3 Photos
Created 30 October 2012