sailing away with R & B

31 July 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 June 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 May 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 April 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 March 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
28 February 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 January 2018 | Brunswick, Georgia
27 January 2018
31 December 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 November 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
03 November 2017
31 October 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
25 October 2017
30 September 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
31 August 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
21 August 2017
31 July 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 June 2017 | Brunswick, Georgia
09 June 2017

Boca Ciega Bay

09 May 2014 | Gulfport, Florida
Beverly/sunny and warm
Street view in Gulfport

On Wednesday we motorsailed the 41 miles from Sarasota to Gulfport in light winds. We needed to cross Sarasota and Tampa Bays so the light winds were perfect for that - both bays were pretty smooth except for wakes. There are 7 bridges along the way and we expected to have some delays on the 4 that needed to be opened. There was a delay at the first one, but the rest were opened quickly. In fact, the last one, Structure C at St. Petersburg, is now a 65 ft. fixed bridge - what a pleasant surprise at the end of the day! It doesn't look like it's been open long; they're still working on the fenders and there's no height board. We saw a sea turtle, dolphins, fish waves (they look like little wakes but are actually lots of fish running at the surface), and lots of pelicans eating the fish (pelican bombs!). Somehow an invasion of love bugs attacked us in the middle of Tampa Bay, miles from land. Weird. There were so many all over the sail, the dodger, the cockpit, and us. We had to put the screen over the companionway to keep them out of the inside of the boat. Ugh! Finally they settled down to only a few by the end of the trip, but there were dead bugs all over the cockpit and deck. We have spent the last couple of days cleaning up the mess and exploring Gulfport. When we anchored here before we didn't go ashore. It's a pretty area, lots of small reasonably priced restaurants and shops and a small food store just 4 blocks up Beach St. from the dinghy dock (which is maintained by the city and is quite nice and convenient).
Comments
Vessel Name: Fugue
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 36
Hailing Port: Kemah, TX
Crew: Ralph and Beverly Brogdon
About: We sold our house and everything in it, retired from our jobs, and are sailing away to new adventures.
Fugue's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 1 May 2015
No Photos
Created 24 April 2013
Repairs, etc.
3 Photos
Created 30 October 2012