Bookmark and Share
Family Cruise
Changeable But Nice
17 September 2009
Irene and Tony arrived in Marmaris at "The Royal Garden Hotel" where they'd be staying for a week, after we'd given them a brief cruise around some of the places that we'd already checked out.
We'd booked into Netsel Marina for the night to make things easier and after getting the Dolmus from their hotel, we ate in one of the restaurants overlooking the pontoons followed by a quick tour of "Bar Street". Then as we walked back to the boat and amazingly as though it had been planned, we ended up watching Everton playing live European game in Scorpio Bar.
The following day we motored to Kumlubuku Yacht Club and after a bit of messing around with the 20 knot cross wind, pulled alongside the pontoon. We had a good meal there that night and set out early (before the Rhodos Ferry passed) to head for Ecincek.
We anchored on our own in a sheltered cove and took a line ashore, but we knew this wouldn't last long and sure enough by the time that the sun had sunk towards the hills, we were surrounded by gullets and a local fishing boat. The clouds by then were really gathering and it wasn't long after that the storm struck.
Our anchor was well dug in and we'd checked it several times whilst we'd been snorkelling. Plus we'd taken a second line ashore so we knew that we'd be ok.
The next day we moved across the bay to "Yes Marina", where we eventually moored between two boats, after the helmsman (Mike) had circled several times, emphasizing his dire need of some reversing practice, especially in a cross winds. Paul formerly of "Amanda D" was on one of the boats next to us, so we caught up with him and lent him a cafetiere to save him having to strain the coffee through his socks.
We all ate in the restauant that night which we knew would be expensive and although it was good, it was definitely over priced.
Irene and Tony did the Dalyan/Caunos boat trip the following day and we tried to move down towards Gocek, but ended up back anchored off Ecincek as the wind and swell picked up.
The next day we headed back to Marmaris in calm conditions stopping for a swim and lunch opposite Yacht marina, before cruising around Marmaris Bay and anchoring off Cow Beach, Pupa Yacht. Irene & Tony left by Dolmus for their hotel the following day and we stocked up with essential supplies.
SailBlogs Groups
Greece •