Don & Deb's Big Adventure Continues in Oz

We are now living in Melbourne, Australia after selling our beautiful yacht 'Buena Vista' in New Zealand. Even so...the big adventure will continue one way or another!

09 November 2014 | At Sea - Day Nine to New Zealand
08 November 2014 | At Sea - Day Seven to New Zealand
07 November 2014 | At Sea - Day Seven to New Zealand
06 November 2014 | At Sea - Day Six to New Zealand
05 November 2014 | At Sea - Day Five to New Zealand
04 November 2014 | At Sea - Day Four to New Zealand
03 November 2014 | At Sea - Day Three to New Zealand
02 November 2014 | At Sea - Day Two to New Zealand
01 November 2014 | At Sea - Day One to New Zealand
31 October 2014 | Momi Bay, Fiji
31 October 2014 | Momi Bay, Fiji
24 September 2014 | Yasawa-irara, Yasawas, fiji
23 September 2014 | Yasawa-irara, Yasawas, Fiji
21 September 2014 | Cololevu, Yasawas, Fiji
19 September 2014 | Cololevu, Yasawas, Fiji
18 September 2014 | Namataya Bay, Yasawas, Fiji
16 September 2014 | Malacati Village, Yasawas, Fiji
13 September 2014 | Blue Lagoon, Fiji
08 September 2014 | Blue Lagoon, Fiji
06 September 2014 | Blue Lagoon, Nanuya Levu Island, Fiji

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

29 September 2011 | Puerto Don Juan, Northern Sea of Cortez
We're here in the best hurricane hole in the Sea of Cortez for the final cruiser's party of the summer season. I wanted to take this time to list all of the boats and the people on them who experienced the summer of 2011 in the Northern Sea of Cortez with us. First, starting with the old-timers...the boats who return here year after year and working down to ones who have been here a year or two and then on to boats who, like us, are here just for this season and are now moving on. 'Overheated' with Darryl and Rita, 'Iwa' with Hermie and Jack, 'Jacaranda' with Chuck and Linda, 'Jake' with Jake (Amigo net manager and general nice guy and party organizer) and his nice wife Sharon and Sailcat Lupe, 'Windward Bound' with Jim and Susan, 'Juniata' with Dave (fishing expert) and Marcia (Sonrisa net manager) who after 5 years in the Sea are now returning to the Pacific Northwest, 'V'ger' with Casey and Annie, 'Eonie' with Ethan, Nancy, and their daughter Zeta, and 'Beau Soleil' with Karen and Mike and their dog Ilia who, like us, plan to sail to the South Pacific next March. Then you have the Seattle group with our mates 'Bravo' with Adam and Cindi (also to the South Pacific next March), 'Ponderosa' with Bob and Sherrie, 'Grace' with Paul and Judy, and 'Island Bound' with Cat and Bill (another one going to South Pacific next March). The Canadians are 'Kasmira' with Susan and Steve, and 'Kassasa' with Ellen and Ian. 'Nana' with Magnus and Isabel are from Sweden and France, and the cute family on 'Sonrisa' are the Aussies Nick and Melania (Mel)who bought their big catamaran in France and sailed it here having two little boys along the way...Benjamin age 5 and Hueon age 2. The other catamaran is 'Just a Minute' with Patrick and Laura and son Jack with their big dog Evinrude. Their mates are 'Hotel California' with Rick and Pam. Others include 'Camelot' with Laurie (from Italy) and Tom (the ex-cop), 'Solana' with David and Donna, our mates on 'Goin Divin' are Alan and Marge (we hope to meet up with them again in the Marshall Islands one day), 'Artic Tern' with Jim and Juanita, 'Pandora' with Harley and Stefanie, 'Canton Para Mi' with Phillip and Janet' and single-handers 'Dorial' with Patrick, and our mate Bruce on 'Ruby' who is one of the first people Don and I met when we arrived in La Paz nearly two years ago. And let's not forget a couple of local characters...Dave on 'Questor' who seems to live in Puerto Refugio as he writes software and our mate JJ on 'Ocean Echo' who likes to track tropical cyclones using grib files and who's not too bad at it either. After the party is over we will all go on our own ways. We've made some great friends and will take with us many great memories of this unique place and the incredible shared experiences we've had here.
Comments
Vessel Name: Buena Vista
Vessel Make/Model: 46' Formosa Peterson
Hailing Port: Ventura, California
Crew: Don and Debbie Robertson
About: The idea of going cruising started when Deb read the book , "Sell up and Sail" around the time they purchased their first boat, a Catalina 22 and joined Chico Yacht Club in 1994.
Extra:
Last great adventure was traveling around Australia for 12 months in a VW van in 1992, and getting married in New Zealand on the way back to the States. After two years cruising in Mexico, in 2012 we sailed across the South Pacific stopping at many island nations including French Polynesia, the [...]

Buena Vista's Crew

Who: Don and Debbie Robertson
Port: Ventura, California
I may not have an expensive watch but I've got the time!