More Stuff Done
10 October 2008
Well, since I last wrote here's what we've gotten done:
- replaced the starter motor
- installed very cool sliding pantry shelves. 5 slide-out shelves give us lots of food storage.
- installed the new refrigeration. This is the keel-cooled refrigeration (somewhat misnamed, that is, the refrigeration is cooled via a bronze block under the water line on the exterior of the hull). This refrigeration includes a digital thermostat that displays the temperature of the freezer compartment AND that of the refrigerator compartment. Temperature of both compartments can be controlled independently. The whole system is silent and installs beneath the floorboards.
- purchased plumbing components to replumb A/C (air conditioning) unit. Will do this when there's spare time in Mexico. Loaded the parts and hoses into the compartment where the A/C is.
- installed Propane sniffer/interlock and solenoid.
- installed upgrade kits for the large primary winches. These upgrade kits modernize the self tailing mechanisms. We also attempted to upgrade the smaller winches, but infortunately found that Harken had shipped the wrong parts to us. So now we have to scramble to get the correct parts!!! It seems that everythign Harken ships us is the wrong part. Harken has been TERRIBLE with shipping the wrong parts to us.
- I got the arch I designed to support the solar panels made and installed it today. I installed one of the solar panels onto it. It's a superb fit. The second solar panel will be installed tomorrow. Together the two panels will produce 400 watts of power!!