12 October 2008
Okay, we're getting close. We were supposed to depart Oct 10, but that isn't happening, because the rigger isn't done with his work, and we still haven't received some important parts. We're hoping to set sail Tuesday.
Over the last few days, we:
- picked up the new 200 watt solar panel, to double our solar power generating capacity.
- received the new AIS radio receiver hardware.
- had the aluminum arch for the solar panels welded together and installed it on the boat.
- installed the two solar panels. Each panel produces 200 watts, giving us a grand total of 400 watts of power! We will hopefully have to never run the engine for electrical power.
- started replacement of the lifelines. In so doing, we found that the bolts on some of the stanchions need to be replaced.
- picked up replacement teak rails for cabin top.
Here's what still needs to be done in the next 2 days before our departure:
- receive and install charge controller for solar panels (Fedex ETA Monday)
- install life raft on deck.
- install second propane tank in aft locker.
- receive and install correct winch crown kits for halyard winches.
- install new wind instruments and anchor light at masthead.
- install cable protector at mast base.
- install new backstay and hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- install new clutches for genoa car adjusters.
- install new stanchion bolts starboard and new lifelines.
- provision food, supplies and clothing for crew.
- provision fuel, water, and propane.
- install lee cloths.