Log of Calypso

08 February 2023
08 February 2023
04 February 2023
06 August 2022
01 August 2022 | Stonehaven, Scotland
28 July 2022
25 July 2022
22 July 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
21 July 2022 | Glasgow
19 July 2022 | Edinburgh Scotland
19 July 2022
25 June 2020
03 June 2019
03 May 2019 | Charleston, SC
01 May 2019 | Brunswick, Ga
27 March 2019 | Palm Coast, Fl

Vero Beach

30 March 2014 | Mooring Ball #20
We left the Lake Worth anchorage at 0709, Thursday morning. We travelled on the ICW to avoid the gusty SE winds.

Our destination was Ft. Pierce, 58 miles and 7 opening bridges north. At 1737, we anchored on the south side of the Ft, Pierce Causeway. Not the best spot with south winds but the evening was forecast to be mild.

Contrary to the forecast, the winds picked up some overnight leaving us a bumpy nights sleep. It wasn't intolerable but we were ready to leave at first light.

At 0708, Friday morning, the anchor was up. Our destination was Vero Beach. Nicknamed "Velcro Beach" because the easy going nature of the area often compels cruisers to stay much longer than expected.

The mooring field here is very protected and popular. Assigned on a first come basis boats are often rafted together during peak seasons. When we arrived we were placed on mooring #20, a prime location across from the fuel dock. its also so close to the dinghy dock that we left the Honda outboard on CALYPSO and rowed the dinghy back and forth.

Shortly after our arrival we called our cruising friends on KISMET. They were about 2 hours behind us and we made arrangements for them to raft up when they got in. We hadn't seen them since Lee Stocking so it was great to see them and catch up. They left the next day leaving us alone on the mooring, for now!

Besides having our mail here waiting for us we wanted to get settled in by Friday afternoon as thunderstorms with gusty winds were on the way.

Saturday & today were beautiful days which gave us time to sort through our mail and take care of a few odd chores.

From here, we plan to leave tomorrow heading north.

More Later,
US
Vessel Name: Ex-Calypso
Hailing Port: Morehead City, NC
Social:
Ex-Calypso's Photos - Main
Repair to Calypso's foredeck, mast step, rudder, & Seacock replacement
7 Photos
Created 3 November 2016