Two Good Sailors

22 November 2016 | Virgin Gorda
14 September 2016 | Mount Desert Island
18 August 2016 | Shelburne YC Nova Scotia
11 October 2015 | Annapolis
05 September 2015
04 September 2015 | CApe May
30 August 2015 | New York New York
17 August 2015
07 August 2015
26 July 2015 | Chesapeake Bay
26 June 2015 | Nassau
23 June 2015 | Nassau
22 June 2015 | Nassau
02 October 2014 | Curacao
09 August 2014 | Curacao
27 June 2014 | Curacao
05 June 2014
26 March 2014 | Bonaire

On to Bonaire

26 March 2014 | Bonaire
Jane
Trini Trini Trini, we love you. Such a shame that Trinidad has such a bad reputation but with the murder rate as it is not surprising, but, with a little care and common sense you can have the most marvelous time here. The food is the best we've eaten for a long time, real fusion food, Indian meets Caribbean, spicy and tasty and cheap. After carnivalling if that is a word, we at last took the taste of Trini Tour with Jesse.

Leaving at 9.00 and returning at 9.00 we managed to stuff 87 different foods down our throats and no one threw up. Experienced Taste of Trinniers had warned us to only have a taste, a little bite of everything, but it's just not possible to do with doubles, we had to eat it all. The most amazing food was a Brazil nut. On a stall at the side of the road a farmer was selling what he grew and what he found. The nut is the size and shape of an adult head and is feels like solid wood. It has a line around it where if it was an egg. that would be where you'd take the top off. We bought ourselves a nut, and Mr Farmer told us it would be a day before the top came off. He was right. The line around the top just pops and then you have a bowl with a lid. I've never been so astounded. Lift off the lid and the nuts are nestled around the wall of the nut, creamy and sweet. The whole tour was worth it just to see this. We've kept the case and may paint a face on it later kiddies.

We sailed for Bonaire from Trinidad, going well North to keep off the pirate area of Venezuela. It's a very real problem and the wise keep clear. It took us four days, with very light winds but a lot of rolling. On day 3 had a large dolphin pod join us. About 50 dolphins of all ages swimming along, jumping out of the water, looking at us and riding the bow wave. They stayed for about 2 hours and as usual they made me cry. Then we saw something we've only seen on TV. Looking down into the sea a dolphin shot past us with a piece of white cord trailing off it's fin, about 4 feet long. At first we thought it was caught up in something then Tony saw another dolphin with a plastic carrier bag. They had their toys to play with.

After arriving in Bonaire and clearing in we had a meal and I slept for 16 hours.

Photo is after Juvert.
Comments
Vessel Name: Capisce
Vessel Make/Model: Moody 44
Hailing Port: Plymouth
Crew: Anthony Good, Jane Good
About: Two good sailors off to see the world, there's such a lot of world to see. We set sail from Lymington on 29th June 2012 and reached the Caribbean in January 2013.
Extra: The biggest challenge of our cruising life is getting internet connections so please be patient waiting for blogs. We promise to do our best.
Capisce's Photos - Main
67 Photos
Created 26 June 2015
some small islands
5 Photos
Created 22 June 2015
2014
5 Photos
Created 2 February 2014