Caribbean Wind

Vessel Name: Caribbean Wind
18 April 2011 | FLL
15 April 2011 | Stuart
14 April 2011 | Stuart
13 April 2011 | Stuart
12 April 2011 | Stuart
11 April 2011 | Crossing Lake Okeechobee
10 April 2011 | The Ditch
09 April 2011 | Heading to La Belle
08 April 2011 | Tarpon Point Marina
07 April 2011 | Tarpon Point Marina
01 April 2011 | Palmetto, FL
30 March 2011 | Palmetto, FL
28 March 2011 | Palmetto, FL
Recent Blog Posts
01 June 2011 | Palmetto, FL

We're home!

We made it home today following a 2-hour squall delay.

21 May 2011 | Lake Worth

Resting @ Lake Park Harbor Marina

We're treating ourselves (and our bodies) to a day of rest and doing a few chores. After doing a 56.4 nautical miles day, folled by a 47.9 nm day, then a 65.7 nm Atlantic crossing - we were ready for a day of rest. Not only that, but we thought we'd take a day to have our bodies get adjusted to this [...]

20 May 2011 | West End to Florida

Heading stateside

WEEEEE'RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE BBBBAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!

19 May 2011 | Bahamas

Great Sale to West End

Anchor up 7am and there's not much wind. We're leaving this deserted island with some poor, unlucky boater who was washed ashore on the North end. What do you suppose that's going to cost him????

18 May 2011 | Good bye Green Turtle and Jim & Barb

On the move

On the move - if we remember how to.

17 May 2011 | Green Turtle

Rush hour traffic

Another busy day in New Plymouth!

We're home!

01 June 2011 | Palmetto, FL
Post Squall
We made it home today following a 2-hour squall delay.
Story at 10,
Trude & Ed

PS: Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers, they paid off well as we had a great trip!

Resting @ Lake Park Harbor Marina

21 May 2011 | Lake Worth
Still wonderful
We're treating ourselves (and our bodies) to a day of rest and doing a few chores. After doing a 56.4 nautical miles day, folled by a 47.9 nm day, then a 65.7 nm Atlantic crossing - we were ready for a day of rest. Not only that, but we thought we'd take a day to have our bodies get adjusted to this Florida humidity again.

It's time for provisioning for the rest of the trip and having enough clean clothes to make it home.

Jim and Wendy (our buddy boat folks) are also staying another day. By coincidence, there's a live band by the ship store for the fishing tournament that's being held today. So, as we're finishing up our laundry we joined the festivities.

The day was topped off by dinner at the Tiki Waterfront Sea Grill near the Rybovich Marina and Boatyard and a cab ride home.

We'll be heading homeward now and so not sure how much posting will actually get done while enroute.

Heading stateside

20 May 2011 | West End to Florida
Wonderful
WEEEEE'RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE BBBBAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!

We've landed stateside via Lake Worth and happy to be back home.

Left West End at 4am and arrived into our slip in a marina on Lake Worth at about 2:30 Friday afternoon. Aside from an hour of 3-4 foot rollers when we started (which we figured might have been from the tide meeting the bank) only 3-4 seconds apart, we had 2 foot seas and a SE, turning to SW wind. The winds were actually so light and variable that we could go faster by dropping the sails and using the gulf stream! Ed actually went off course for a little bit just so he could hit 9 knots and be able to talk about it;) And .......... it's always about the weather!

Jim and Barb - this photo's for you especially! I tried to capture one of the vessels we got close to .... along with the gentle waves of our crossing.

Great Sale to West End

19 May 2011 | Bahamas
Very nice
Anchor up 7am and there's not much wind. We're leaving this deserted island with some poor, unlucky boater who was washed ashore on the North end. What do you suppose that's going to cost him????

In to West End early as we're looking for a buddy boat for the crossing. Voila! Wendy and Jim on Patty Jean - 42 foot Cabo Rico - are in port and plan to cross. Thank you Lord.

One more conch dinner and we'll be ready to head back home.

Starfish picture is taken from the cockpit as we were moving, in 6 feet of water, on a nice calm day.

On the move

18 May 2011 | Good bye Green Turtle and Jim & Barb
Outrunning the rain
On the move - if we remember how to.

For all their tauting of nice weather, why is the sky cloudy this morning? We're on our way anyway, we think we will miss "it". Out of 56.4 miles (but who's counting) we only had 2 times when we saw sprinkles on the dodger.

Synopsis:
Jim came by at 7 to help us out of our slip (what a nice guy). However, we'd decided to give the tide another 1/2 hour as there's a rock we can see on the bottom just behind our rudder.

As we left the marina and went toward the channel, Jim and Barb were leaving their cottage and so we were able to wave "safe travels" to them!

Picture is of Center of the World Rock... and a sailboat we saw today ( 1 of only about a dozen that we saw today).

Rush hour traffic

17 May 2011 | Green Turtle
Beautiful
Another busy day in New Plymouth!

Hey Barb, thanks for the picture.

Jim and Barb - it's been great traveling with you! See you next year!
(They catch a flight tomorrow and we're leaving for Great Sale - beginning our journey home and getting in place for our crossing.)

About & Links