Sailing the California Delta

Stories of a new sailor exploring the California Delta on his 1982 Catalina 25

08 October 2014 | Mandeville Cut, San Joaquin River
10 September 2014 | Isleton, Ca
08 August 2014 | Isleton, Ca
08 August 2014 | Isleton, Ca
08 August 2014 | Isleton, Ca
08 August 2014 | Isleton, Ca
24 May 2011 | Owl Harbor, CA
24 April 2011 | ACYC Clubhouse 7 mile slough San Joaquin river
24 April 2011 | San Joaquin River, Ca
20 April 2011 | Sacramento, Ca
21 July 2009 | San Joaquin/California Delta
11 July 2009 | Sacramento
02 June 2009 | California Delta
20 May 2009 | California Delta
16 May 2009 | California Delta
12 April 2009 | San Joaquin River
08 April 2009 | Sacramento, Ca
06 April 2009 | Owl Harbor, Isleton, Ca
05 April 2009 | Owl Harbor, Isleton, California
16 March 2009 | Owl Harbor, Isleton Ca

Sailing on Martin Luther King's Birthday part II

22 January 2009 | San Joaquin River Northern California
Orrin, 70^, clear, no wind
Ah the Monday of the 3 day weekend. We had decided that after spending the entire day on the water on Sunday that we would chill out at the Dock for Monday. I had a meeting at my house that we had to be home for at 7pm, so I thought we would leave around 3pm.
Well it turned out to be such a nice day that we went out anyway, and threw the to-do list in the trash can.
This time we headed up the Mokelumne river headed toward a restaurant that we had gone to years ago that we really enjoyed. Well we found it, and it had banners stating that it was under new management, but alas it was closed on a mid-winters Monday afternoon. So we took some pic's of the boat from a different angle than at our dock and headed back for the marina.
Again the water was mirror smooth, and I was able to take some pictures. January 21st in Northern California, temp 70^ or so.
PICT0293
My first mate in her customary cruising station.
PICT0294
Hidden Harbor marina
PICT0295
Some of the private homes with their own docks along the rivers Levee's
PICT0297
Looking up river towards Stockton.
PICT0298
Another Marina called Korth's Pirate Lair, Turns out the Harbor Master's wife was our waitress at the Spindrift.
PICT0300
The Tiller handle on my outboard will start to fall forward because of the engine vibration and rattle against the transom, causing a sound like a drum roll. This was my quick fix when I finally got tired of leaning over the back and pushing the handle back in place. It now has a bungee cord holding it in place. Bungee cords almost as good in your tool box as Duct tape and velcro.
PICT0301
The Lighthouse Marina, a lot of very expensive stink boats in there.
PICT0302
Pictures from the Lighthouse Restaurant dock, notice the sail cover is on, never took it off that day.
PICT0303


On the way back there are 2 or 3 marina's along the edge of the San Joaquin river, they sit on a channel with some marsh land protecting them from the rest of the river. We hadn't checked these marina's out yet, turns out that 2 of them have restaurants and gas docks. We decided to stop at the "Spindrift", it looked nice and had an empty guest dock.

Well the restaurant had just opened and the kitchen wasn't fully going, so we just ordered a couple of drinks and an appetizer, turns out our waitress's husband was the Harbor master of Korth's Pirate Lair and was able to give us some info on the neighborhood, we had a nice time, then headed back to our slip.
We got in about 4:30, got everything thrown into the car and headed home.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cheddar Cheese II
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 25
Hailing Port: Isleton, Ca
Crew: Orrin & Pegirae Anderson

California Delta Sailing

Who: Orrin & Pegirae Anderson
Port: Isleton, Ca