DreamCatcher

Catching The Dream

15 January 2018 | Buffalo River Yacht Club
14 January 2018 | Buffalo River Yacht Club
13 January 2018 | Buffalo Yacht Club (as in the photo)
13 January 2018 | East London Buffalo River Yacht Club
11 January 2018 | Aghulas Current 60 nms from East London
09 January 2018 | Durban Marina
09 January 2018 | Durban Marina
07 January 2018 | Durban Marina
03 January 2018 | Point Yacht Club, Durban marina
31 December 2017 | Durban Marina
31 December 2017 | Durban Marina
30 December 2017 | Durban Marina
29 December 2017 | ZYC
26 December 2017 | Zululand Yacht Club pontoons, Richard's Bay
26 December 2017
26 December 2017 | ZYC
03 December 2017 | Zululand Yacht Club pontoons, Richard's Bay
23 November 2017 | Zululand Yacht Club pontoons, Richard's Bay
20 November 2017 | ZYC
15 November 2017 | ZYC

Going South Part 1

29 December 2017 | ZYC
Martin
A discussion with our weatherman - Des - yesterday afternoon suggested that there would be a good weather window this evening to get to Durban. Following an email and a phone call to the marina this morning to book a berth, we decided to go f'rit.
Strangely, the forecast rain never materialised, so Hebron and I had a go at repairing the odd gel coat scratch and dink, as planned, before leaving him to finish off; while Mags and I took the taxi into town for 'the run-around' - visits to Officialdom to allow us to leave one South African port for another. It took 4 hours, but I don't have the time to tell you why.
Anyway, you would likely lose the will to live!
So here we are, done and dusted - Hebron gave the fenders a clean and the deck got a final sluice before we bade him a fond goodbye.....with Maggie's cast off shoes and rain jacket plus a jacket from me (don't tell Maggie!) and few Rand in his pocket.
Although the winds are forecast light, the 90 nms should take less than 15 hours if we find the current, so by leaving in an hour, around 6pm we aim to be in Durban by 9am tomoz so we can do the Durban admin before noon. We will then focus on provisioning etc for N&J's arrival Thursday. I'm told there is no prospect of a weather window to the next port South (350 miles to East London) before Friday at the earliest. Saturday would be good!
Love to our dearest in Eastbourne..
Comments
Vessel Name: DreamCatcher
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau 49DS
Hailing Port: Cowes
Crew: Martin and Margaret Rutt
Extra: We're only popping out for a sail. We've 'done' the San Blas, Panama Canal, Galapagos, Marquesas, Rangiroa, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tonga, Fiji, Tanna, New Caledonia and Brisbane; and up to Darwin so see you in........err....Durban.
DreamCatcher's Photos - Main
1 Sub-Album
Created 15 February 2016
No Photos
Created 15 February 2016