Luke and Alice on Caya

04 August 2017 | Havana Cuba
30 April 2016 | Fort Myers Florida
29 January 2016 | lauderdale, marathon, fort myers
15 December 2015 | North Captiva, Fort Myers, Cabbage Key
14 November 2015 | Fort Myers, Captiva Island, Cabbage Key
06 November 2015 | Kemah, Texas

An even shorter trip to Caya

29 January 2016 | lauderdale, marathon, fort myers
One thing about being a yacht broker, I'm in Florida a lot and after driving in Texas for so many years, driving 4 hours (like where we live to Austin and an hour of that is getting out of Houston!), is nothing. So while I tend to fly in and out of Fort Lauderdale, a side trip (2.5 hours) to Fort Myers is not that hard to spend the weekend on Caya. John, who is also my companies Marketing Director, was with me to look over a few listings in Lauderdale and a beautiful Beneteau 44 CC that I sold the owners previously that they were living aboard in the mooring field in Marathon. And while in Marathon we also were looking over some marinas to put Caya in later this spring.

So we stayed 2 extra days and headed over to the boat just to do a little maintenance and also check out some of the marinas down on Fort Myers Beach in case we wanted to move the boat there this summer to be closer to open water.

The boat really needed nothing so we did just about nothing as well but did get a small seam in the mainsail repaired by probably the only local sail maker
www.sailrepairfortmyers.com , Kurt, who did a great and fast 3 hour turnaround job.

That and we got the max prop and bow thruster zincs checked by www.adamscommercialdivinginc.com. Note to others. Alwyas have your own zincs and make sure they are the right ones. The divers appreciate that. I keep 3 sets on Caya. Or as John says I have more on Caya than he does on his Morgan 41, but then again I don't have to go to West Marine for many things part wise.

Overall it was a productive few days.
Comments
Vessel Name: Caya
Vessel Make/Model: 2006 Catalina 350
Hailing Port: Clear Lake Shores, Texas
Crew: Liz Little, Luke and Alice
About: Luke and Alice are worthless crew but I wonder if they had non skid paws they would be better?
Extra: I'm a professional Yacht Broker and my wife, Liz, and I own Little Yacht Sales and Texas Power Yachts in Kemah, Texas.
Caya's Photos - Main
516 Photos
Created 9 April 2017
Nothing but work this week but got a lot done!
14 Photos
Created 30 April 2016
We stayed a week at the boat and took it he sites around Fort Myers. Downtown, Ford Edison House, Fort Myers Beach, and Six Mile Cypress Slough.
15 Photos
Created 9 March 2016
Legacy Harbor Marina, Tween Waters Marina, Cabbage Key, North Captiva Island
14 Photos
Created 15 January 2016
A working trip to Caya
23 Photos
Created 15 January 2016