Celerity Sailing

Sad to Leave Baltimore

17 June 2013 | Baltimore and Whitehall Bay
June 17- Am sad to leave Baltimore....great time here with Greg! And will mis the A/C, shore power and cable TV. Greg was pleased that he could watch a couple of basketball games......But Celerity's adventure continues. Heading out of Baltimore, I deviated from the channel to take pics of the "Star Spangled" buoy described in previous installment. Was way outside of the channel only 0.3 nm from the bridge...I was reluctant to get too close but got close enough for great pic! Supposedly the spot where Francis Scott Key watched British bombard Fort McHenry as a prisoner of war on British war ship during War of 1812...inpsired him to write the poem that became our national anthem.
Am headed to anchorage on Mill Creek in Whitehall Bay. There must be hundreds of Mill Creeks! David Kew suggested Whitehall Bay as an anchorage at lunch on Sat...it was an excellent one! (Thanks David). Just north of Severn River/ Annapolis and a great improvement over Galesville.....calmer and more peaceful but well sheltered behind a spit of land with a long sandbar (marked channel) extending out from it.
Tank had finally made it out of Fishing Bay about a week earlier. He spent several days in Colonial Beach on Potomac River visiting with old friends and arrived at Whitehall Bay few hours after Celerity dropped her hook.
We were entertained by a small powerboat that was motoring around slowly, throwing a ball for their blonde Lab to jump in and retrieve. She would climb the ladder with help until the next toss of the ball when she launched again. They stopped by Celerity wondering where I was from...we chatted a few minutes......Bailey, the Lab, jumped in and swam over to say hi, apparently looking for a boarding ladder to come aboard! She did this twice....they said we were perhaps fortunate mine was not down because she would have boarded Celerity!
We planned on crossing the Bay to Wye River on Maryland's Eastern Shore to visit Ed & Alice Sealing (Bud's brother and sister-in-law)...they live on the river and said we could anchor nearby.....weather in Bay was rough so we laid over in Mill Creek for another day........
Comments
Vessel Name: Celerity
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 382
Hailing Port: Jordan Creek
Crew: Melinda and Abigail
About: Canine first mate.

Who: Melinda and Abigail
Port: Jordan Creek