Sailing With Celilo

01 May 2015 | Kralendijk, Bonaire
10 January 2015 | Kralendijk, Bonaire
15 December 2014 | Kralendijk, Bonaire
07 December 2014 | Tyrell Bay, Carriacou
06 November 2014 | Chaguaramas, Trinidad
06 November 2014 | Chaguaramas, Trinidad
03 May 2014 | Falmouth Harbor, Antigua
02 April 2014 | Hermitage Beach, Antigua
27 March 2014 | Falmouth Harbor, Antigua
15 March 2014 | Jolly Harbor, Antigua
07 March 2014 | Deshaies, Guadeloupe
23 February 2014 | Portsmouth, Dominica
23 February 2014 | St. Pierre, Martinique
01 February 2014 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
25 December 2013 | Port Elizabeth, Admiralty Bay, Bequia
09 December 2013 | Tyrrel Bay, Carriacou
02 November 2013 | Chaguaramas, Trinidad
02 August 2013 | Portland, Oregon
28 June 2013 | Chaguaramas, Trinidad
18 June 2013 | Clarke's Court Bay, Grenada

STATESIDE AGAIN - WHOO HOO!

02 August 2013 | Portland, Oregon
After two weeks of intense effort in the hot Trinidad climate, we finally had Celilo put to bed – washed down with vinegar (interior), stripped bare (exterior) and strapped down in a Trini boatyard - and exhaustedly fell onto a plane back to the States.

We spent a lovely, peaceful, quiet week before joining family and friends back in Oregon. Since most of the people we want to visit work, the days are nice and relaxed - mostly - but with a lot of running around on weekends and evenings. We are sitting and eating too much - and especially pigging on NW berries, which we love and miss when in the Caribbean. Michael is enjoying BBQing on Roberta’s brother’s grill. We may get some used bikes to get active again.

We have been to the coast for a super low tide at our favorite tidepools, to Thorns FC (women's soccer – go Thorns!) games, up to Mt Hood, to a cherry festival in Hood River, Pink Martini concert in Gresham, a mountain wedding celebration... having fun visiting, doing lots of driving, not enough hiking. And we have plans for more driving - to Central Oregon to see Michael's cousin and several Forest Service friends, and then farther south to SE Oregon to bird-watch at Malheur Lake and hike in the Steens Mountains, and another trip up to Port Townsend, Washington to stay in our favorite B&B and go to the Wooden Boat Show there, which we used to do every year. And, Michael and his brother have plans to head up to Alaska to fish with our son Philip...

So we are busy, busy, busy with peaceful days in between. It is fun to be here in the evergreens, the mountains - our beloved NW! We are enjoying seeing longtime friends and family even while we miss Celilo and our cruising buddies.
Comments
Vessel Name: Celilo
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana Vancouver 42
Hailing Port: Portland, OR
Crew: Mike and Roberta Hilbruner
About: WHOOHOO!!!! We are back in the Caribbean - SEASON III begins!

Celilo and Crew

Who: Mike and Roberta Hilbruner
Port: Portland, OR