C'est la Vie

C'est la Vie

Port: Everglades City, FL
31 January 2010
02 September 2008 | Sunset Island, FL
01 September 2008 | Gulf of Mexico
26 August 2008 | Coconut Grove, FL
25 August 2008 | Bahamas
24 August 2008 | Nassau Harbor
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
23 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
23 August 2008 | Nassau
23 August 2008 | Nassau
22 August 2008 | Exumas
21 August 2008 | Exumas
20 August 2008 | Lee Stocking Island
20 August 2008 | Exumas
18 August 2008 | Stocking Island, Exumas
16 August 2008 | Elizabeth Harbor

Cape Lookout Bight

22 August 2007 | Cape Lookout, NC
Jeff
Thanks for all the comments on our Aug. 21 post! Please keep posting comments and if anyone has questions about the boat or our adventures please ask.

After months of work on the hard and life on land, Anne and I decide a short shakedown cruise to Cape Lookout Bight is in order. The overnight trip quickly generated a long list of forgotten provisions. The sailing was lively with wind on our nose both out and back on the 9NM run in the Atlantic Ocean. The image included is from our trip out to the bight. The new dodger is six inches lower that the previous one. The reduced height and new glass add dramatically to our visibility. No more standing on tiptoes to see over the dodger! Guess we will need to find a new exercise for our calf muscles.

Over the summer we sent both our genny and jib off to sail care to have them cleaned and repaired. We ran up both sails during the trip. The sails look great and we've now decided our main looks quite dingy... guess we'll add that to the project list.

Fresh breezes through the night made for fine sleeping. Ahh its good to be back on the water. One note for fellow cruisers - we were surprised at the consistent depth of 20 to 25 feet in the anchorage. This is more depth than I expected in the area. I was also surprised to pull up black muck on when raising the anchor. I was expecting sand. The black muck makes for great holding, but quite a cleanup job when raising 100+ feet of muddy chain off the bottom. Hmm maybe we should add a pressurize wash down to that project list.

We will be back on land working out the car and provisioning logistics until next Sunday. We will post more before raising the hook and departing Beaufort early next week.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cest la Vie
Vessel Make/Model: 1966 Charlie Morgan 34
Hailing Port: Everglades City, FL
About: Anne - thirtysomething culinary godess that won't admit to being a fine sailor. Jeff - thirtysomething jack of all trades that constantly reminds Anne she is a fine sailor. Carlie - nine year old Jack Russell that loves to watch the dolphins.
Extra: Currently our winters are spent working for the North Carlina Outward Bound School based on Indian Key Pass in Everglades City, FL. Our summers are spent in the Outer Banks of NC running the Outward Bound Schools sea kayak programs along the Cape Lookout National Seashore.

C'est la Vie

Port: Everglades City, FL