C'est la Vie

C'est la Vie

Port: Everglades City, FL
31 January 2010
02 September 2008 | Sunset Island, FL
01 September 2008 | Gulf of Mexico
26 August 2008 | Coconut Grove, FL
25 August 2008 | Bahamas
24 August 2008 | Nassau Harbor
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
23 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
23 August 2008 | Nassau
23 August 2008 | Nassau
22 August 2008 | Exumas
21 August 2008 | Exumas
20 August 2008 | Lee Stocking Island
20 August 2008 | Exumas
18 August 2008 | Stocking Island, Exumas
16 August 2008 | Elizabeth Harbor

Escape from Jekyll

11 September 2007 | Fernandina Beach, FL
Jeff
09:00 we slipped the dock lines off the cleats, motored south towards St. Andrew's Sound, and thus made our escape from Jekyll Island. With the passing of TS Gabby, we lost our NE wind, but soon we would be feeling the effects of a tropical low of the coast of TX. Skipping ahead to the stormy afternoon portion of the day's adventure would bypass hours of motor sailing that delivered us to Cumberland Sound... yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Before entering the Cumberland Sound Ship Channel, south bound vessels must pass by the entrance to the Kings Bay Nuclear Submarine Base. Expect to be greeted by a small US Navy Patrol Boat. Some cruisers tell tales of being forced to turn their vessels away from the channel and wait as subs transit the area. We were greeted by the patrol boat and blossoming afternoon thunderstorms. Damaging storms spawned off a tropical low, threatening the Texas Coast, were forecast for the afternoon. Our luck stayed with us through most of the afternoon. We watched intense downpours pass on all sides of C'est la Vie. One shower came within 200 yards of our port side. We could hear and see the rain piercing the surface of the Sound. A one foot thick spray hung on the water - raindrops particalized by the force of impact were attempting to regain the clouds. Yet we continued to slip through the relatively undisturbed waters. The image included is of a storm off our stern.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cest la Vie
Vessel Make/Model: 1966 Charlie Morgan 34
Hailing Port: Everglades City, FL
About: Anne - thirtysomething culinary godess that won't admit to being a fine sailor. Jeff - thirtysomething jack of all trades that constantly reminds Anne she is a fine sailor. Carlie - nine year old Jack Russell that loves to watch the dolphins.
Extra: Currently our winters are spent working for the North Carlina Outward Bound School based on Indian Key Pass in Everglades City, FL. Our summers are spent in the Outer Banks of NC running the Outward Bound Schools sea kayak programs along the Cape Lookout National Seashore.

C'est la Vie

Port: Everglades City, FL