C'est la Vie

C'est la Vie

Port: Everglades City, FL
31 January 2010
02 September 2008 | Sunset Island, FL
01 September 2008 | Gulf of Mexico
26 August 2008 | Coconut Grove, FL
25 August 2008 | Bahamas
24 August 2008 | Nassau Harbor
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
24 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
23 August 2008 | Atlantis Resort, Nassau
23 August 2008 | Nassau
23 August 2008 | Nassau
22 August 2008 | Exumas
21 August 2008 | Exumas
20 August 2008 | Lee Stocking Island
20 August 2008 | Exumas
18 August 2008 | Stocking Island, Exumas
16 August 2008 | Elizabeth Harbor

Happy B-Day USA!

04 July 2008 | Green Turtle Cay
Jeff
We, hmm I, planned to spend July 4th quietly anchored off Manjack Cay... a little morning snorkeling then some afternoon putzing about the boat follow that up with reading more of Doc Ford's current adventure. The day started out according to plan... 08:15 listen to the Abaco Cruisers Network on the VHF. 09:00 load up the dinghy with the snorkeling gear. 09:15 swing by our new neighbor's Ennui Go...hmm was that part of the plan? Well we had seen Alan & Maxine's MV Ennui Go in a couple anchorages and we thought it was time for an introduction. Alan proved to be a wealth of information. We learned about the wifi connection at Manjack Cay and of the Green Turtle Cay 4th of July Party at New Plymouth. Wait that is tonight. "Not to be missed!" says Alan, "best Conch Salad your ever tasted and free drinks with live music." He had me at best conch salad ever.
We did continue on with our snorkeling adventure and found some nice reefs and fish just of the beach.
Returning to C'est la Vie, we raised the anchor and began motoring back SE for or return trip to Green Turtle. The Regatta boats were on the course and we were able to watch the action and listen to the committee boat conversations on VHF 78. It was a great distraction during the 45min motor back. Arriving at Green Turtle, it was apparent that we were not the only peeps planning to attend tonight's festivities. The anchorage was packed with vessels. Fortunately we found a spot fairly close to our previous anchorage. We knew this area proved to have good holding in this otherwise questionable harbor.
Things really began to pick up as the races ended and vessels began to return to Green Turtle. Boats rafted to boats. The anchorage went from full to bursting. The races concluded around the time of low tide. Watching multiple 45+ foot monohulls ground out while attempting to enter White Sound Harbor and Black Sound Harbor added to the building excitement. With all their fancy electronics and tacticians one would think they would figure out the tide cycle. The entrances to these harbors are NARROW. One large sailboat completely obstructs other traffic. So invariably the motor vessels get in the action. One MV will take a halyard and heel the SV over. A second MV will then attempt to pull the SV free. Anne and I observed this scenario multiple times.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cest la Vie
Vessel Make/Model: 1966 Charlie Morgan 34
Hailing Port: Everglades City, FL
About: Anne - thirtysomething culinary godess that won't admit to being a fine sailor. Jeff - thirtysomething jack of all trades that constantly reminds Anne she is a fine sailor. Carlie - nine year old Jack Russell that loves to watch the dolphins.
Extra: Currently our winters are spent working for the North Carlina Outward Bound School based on Indian Key Pass in Everglades City, FL. Our summers are spent in the Outer Banks of NC running the Outward Bound Schools sea kayak programs along the Cape Lookout National Seashore.

C'est la Vie

Port: Everglades City, FL