S/V C'est si Bon travels

Who: John and Clara Broersen
Port: Edmonton, Canada
28 March 2017
20 March 2017
20 February 2017 | Frenchy's, Roatan
11 February 2017

Placentia

11 February 2017
My first attempt at blogging and my mind is blank. Terry came on Monday the 6st from Calgary to help sail the boat to Roatan, Honduras. Neighbours tied to the dock next to me, Will & Diana from the Cornelis, Bob & Nina from the Moondance untied the lines, took pictures and waved us of off. We motored to the halfway point to Livingston to a bay called Cayo Quemado. Pulled up anchor on Wednesday morning to go down the Rio Dulce for a two hour motor sail to Livingston to clear out of Guatemala. After the paperwork and $85us we waited for the the tide to reach its max height at around 6pm. When the time came, the anchor was raised and started to go over the bar. The keel bumped on the bottom almost right away, I unrolled the genoa to heel the boat and we almost got halfway, then we were really stuck. Waited for the fishing boat to pull the boat over and continue on our way. Terry handed him $50us for his service but he was not happy, he needed $60. While I ran down into the boat to get more money, he got the bow of his boat under my swim step and bend it. I did not notice until later what had happened. Around 8pm we dropped anchor in a bay called Cabo's Tres Puntas. Next day at 8am we left to go to Placentia, Belize, about 7 hrs sail.
Comments
Vessel Name: C'est si Bon1
Vessel Make/Model: Amel Mango
Hailing Port: Edmonton, Canada
Crew: John and Clara Broersen
C'est si Bon1's Photos - Main
Pictures sailing Belize, Roatan
15 Photos
Created 20 February 2017
5 Photos
Created 5 January 2017

Who: John and Clara Broersen
Port: Edmonton, Canada