S/V C'est si Bon travels

Who: John and Clara Broersen
Port: Edmonton, Canada
28 March 2017
20 March 2017
20 February 2017 | Frenchy's, Roatan
11 February 2017

Placentia

20 February 2017 | Frenchy's, Roatan
On the 9th we motor up to Placentia with our friends on Maskali following us. Luc worked for Amel as the sales manager for 40+ years. Luc and his wife Martine own an Amel super Maramu. We met them in Panama a couple of years ago. As we were on the way to Belize I heard an anguished scream and I thought Terry had fallen overboard but just then I see Terry running down the side deck chasing his new hat he just had gotten from Ram Marina, I almost had a heart attack.
We anchored in Placentia lagoon without further incidents. The next day we went to Big Creek with a launch service and taxi to check in with immigration, port captain and customs. Total cost: $133 us.
Spend a couple of days there, went to the Tipsy Tuna for drinks lunch, to Yoli's for happy hour. A lot of cruisers and expat Canadians come there. We also bought 4 big juicy lobsters from a fishing boat, filled the water tank at the dock. On Monday the 13th we checked out of Belize, when we got to immigration Terry realized he forgot to bring his passport.
The next day we motored up to the Pelican Cays, just a two hour trip where we anchored in 60 ft of water in the middle of coral reefs.
Our friends on Maskali came as well. From Luc we learned how to catch lobster with a snare, a simple rig that he build. Teach a man how to fish.... We spend just one night there, the following day we raised the anchor, threaded our way out between the reefs and sailed to Tobacco Cay. There's a break in the outer reef there called Tobacco entrance. The next day, the 16th at around 3 pm we went trough this pass and sailed east and passed Glover Reef on the north, at around 7pm we were past it and headed southeast to the Island of Utila (Honduras) in very light winds, some sailing some motoring. Met a freighter and a cruise liner. It was necessary to leave in the afternoon and sail during the night so we could arrive in Utila in daylight. This island is a preferred place to check in for cruisers with authorities rather then Roatan where the officials are more used to clearing in big ships. The costs were only $3.00us per person. We spend one night there, we are now in Roatan. On our first night here, the wind blew 20-25 knots, I got up at two am for some reason and went on deck and noticed that we had dragged anchor, we were very close to some house lights with a foot of water under the keel. I woke up Terry to help pull up anchor, we reanchored this time I stayed up make sure the boat stayed put. A guy came by this afternoon and sold us some lobster, lobster tonight. Terry is leaving the boat Thursday to go home. The new company is coming March first. I'll have time to do laundry and clean the boat. Thanks for the comments and I mis ou guys too!
Comments
Vessel Name: C'est si Bon1
Vessel Make/Model: Amel Mango
Hailing Port: Edmonton, Canada
Crew: John and Clara Broersen
C'est si Bon1's Photos - Main
Pictures sailing Belize, Roatan
15 Photos
Created 20 February 2017
5 Photos
Created 5 January 2017

Who: John and Clara Broersen
Port: Edmonton, Canada