Cruising with Castor

Another day at the office.

19 August 2011
We are currently in Santa Ponsa, yes we were here before, one month ago to be precise, its not a bad spot, it ticks most of the boxes, a anchorage protected from most wind directions well secured in 5 to 6 meters over sand, crystal clear turquoise water ideal for swimming, free WiFi internet access, close to a cheap supermarket. Not quite the deserted cala with breathtaking scenery and palm trees, but ha, needs must as they say! You can't have it all ways! We get up at 9am (well it is a hard life) we have breakfast in the cockpit followed by the first swim of the day and shower on the bathing platform. The morning drifts by with a little time spent accessing weather forecasts reading emails and surfing the net for various bits of info. Midday we go ashore in the dingy and shop, not an enjoyable part of the day for me but essential none the less.

Once back on the boat its cold beers and a swim, well it gets rather hot here in the early afternoon.
After an hour or so reading in the shade of the bimini we take our main meal followed by a siesta ( well if the Spanish can do it so can I, anyway it's only mad dogs that go out in the midday sun) Once awake a quick swim to blow away the cobwebs and its early evening drinks in the cockpit, sometimes with friends followed by tapas dishes and another few drinks while watching the sunset.

Some days we actually sail but that's another story!
Comments
Vessel Name: Castor
Vessel Make/Model: Hallberg Rassy 37
Hailing Port: Gosport UK
Crew: David & Chantal

Who: David & Chantal
Port: Gosport UK