Cruising with Castor

I have a plan that's so cunning you could paint a tail on it and call it a weasel

22 April 2013
We leave Cannes next weekend and fly to Barcelona, after spending a few weeks preparing Castor and having relatives visit we are off on our summer cruise.

The plan is to sail out to the Balearics, once we have visited all the Islands we crossover to Sardinia and explore the North East archipelago before cruising down the west coast of Corsica on route to Cannes and Port Pierre Canto where we hope to winter Castor just a 5 minute walk from the apartment.

What’s so clever about that you ask, well for starters, spending five months chilling out on the back of a boat can’t be that bad and by anchoring all the time we hope to deprive all those ripe off marina bosses in the Balearics of their easy gained Euros.

Now I don’t suppose they will be crying into their sangrias as there are many who will be quite willing to pay best part of 200 Euros a night to moor their boat up against a floating pontoon, but not us, no, we prefer to find a well protected anchorage with crystal clear warm water, soft fine golden sand beaches, am I dreaming again, well you know what I mean.

Oh and yes I did lift that quote about the weasel from Blackadder.
Comments
Vessel Name: Castor
Vessel Make/Model: Hallberg Rassy 37
Hailing Port: Gosport UK
Crew: David & Chantal

Who: David & Chantal
Port: Gosport UK