s/v Chanticleer

02 September 2018 | Sailing to Onset
29 August 2018 | Thuya Gardens
31 July 2018 | Anchorage in the Goslings - Chanticleer is the middle boat
26 July 2018 | Bob In Gloucester
23 July 2018 | Offshore on the way to Block Island
17 July 2018 | Sunrise at Reedy Island, Delaware Bay
01 September 2016
30 August 2016
30 August 2016
29 August 2016
29 August 2016
26 August 2016
18 August 2016

On Our Way

05 July 2016
June 30th, 2016

Bob and Pat aboard Chanticleer....finally. We left our dock on Tipers Creek at 8:30am with the sun shining. We headed to St. Mary's River where we anchored in Horseshoe Bend, by St. Mary's College. Our friends Bob and Julie are here as well, aboard Quest. We haven't been here in many years and were delighted to see that everything is just as lovely. We had lunch at the college dining hall, all you can eat, which of course we managed to do. Took a nice walk around , then settled back on board to wait to go to the free July Concert. Weather has a way of keeping you on your toes. A strong storm was forecasted to arrive just about when the concert was due to start. We did however give it a try, we left early to get some great food at the concert but just as we expected we had to high tail it back to the boats. We could hear the concert very well from the water, however, and the fire works were just spectacular!!

We waved goodbye to Quest as she left this morning, sad to see them leave. We are on our own, our adventure begins.

July 5th

After staying an extra night in St.Mary's we moved on to Solomons Island, where we did some maintenance and repairs on Chanticleer. After leaving there we went to Annapolis where we got one of the last moorings just before the rain arrived. Amazingly enough the rain stopped long enough for the spectacular fireworks display, wow!!

Our next big trip will be across the C&D Canal and down the Delaware river where we will stage ourselves for Block Island. Stay tuned!



Comments
Vessel Name: Chanticleer
Vessel Make/Model: Endeavour 42
Hailing Port: Tipers Creek, Virginia
Crew: Pat and Bob Sikora