s/v Chanticleer

02 September 2018 | Sailing to Onset
29 August 2018 | Thuya Gardens
31 July 2018 | Anchorage in the Goslings - Chanticleer is the middle boat
26 July 2018 | Bob In Gloucester
23 July 2018 | Offshore on the way to Block Island
17 July 2018 | Sunrise at Reedy Island, Delaware Bay
01 September 2016
30 August 2016
30 August 2016
29 August 2016
29 August 2016
26 August 2016
18 August 2016

Charleston

09 November 2012
The past few days we have spent traveling down the ICW, mostly uneventful but of course there are always shallows to navigate through. The first night out of Beaufort NC we stayed at a great anchorage called Topsail Sound where we experienced a few cells of thunder storms with strong winds and rain. The next evening we stopped early and stayed at the St. James Plantation Marina as the Noreaster was coming through. We continued to travel south and again stayed at a marina just south of Myrtle Beach as it was raining and really really cold! We were rewarded the next day with a beautiful trip down the Waccamaw River, one of the most lovely parts of the ICW that we have seen to date. If we are in this area again we will definitely anchor and spend some time there. As we continued south the next two nights we had some beautiful anchorages, first in the South Santee River and the second in Whiteside Creek. We enjoyed spectacular sunsets and quiet evenings. Today we had a short ride down to Charleston but this part of the ICW had the most severe shoaling to date and we had to go through several sections very very slowly. We made it safely and are currently docked at Charleston City Marina and are looking forward to spending time in one of our favorite cities for the next three days.
Comments
Vessel Name: Chanticleer
Vessel Make/Model: Endeavour 42
Hailing Port: Tipers Creek, Virginia
Crew: Pat and Bob Sikora