s/v Chanticleer

02 September 2018 | Sailing to Onset
29 August 2018 | Thuya Gardens
31 July 2018 | Anchorage in the Goslings - Chanticleer is the middle boat
26 July 2018 | Bob In Gloucester
23 July 2018 | Offshore on the way to Block Island
17 July 2018 | Sunrise at Reedy Island, Delaware Bay
01 September 2016
30 August 2016
30 August 2016
29 August 2016
29 August 2016
26 August 2016
18 August 2016

Dinner Key

10 January 2013 | Miami
Underway Again

On Tuesday, we finally managed to extract ourselves from the dock in Pompano Beach and headed south once again down the ICW to Port Everglades Inlet (Fort Lauderdale) where we went out the inlet to go to Government Cut in Miami. The winds were ESE 9 – 16 knots and the seas were 1-2 sometimes 3 feet. All was well for several hours, then you guessed it NOAA once again struck and the winds went from nice to not so nice- 20-25 (some even higher) which of course meant that the seas also increased. We continued on our way with a reefed main and motor sailed the last 1 and half hours to our destination. Chanticleer is settled in very nicely on a mooring at Dinner Key. We have never been here so we are looking forward to exploring the Coconut Grove area. Right now it is extremely windy - you have to hold on so that you don’t lose your balance. Unfortunately we are not on the inside at a mooring at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club as there were no moorings available for our size boat which means we are rocking and rolling pretty good right now. If the winds settle down soon enough we will head down Hawk Channel to Marathon but we may be here longer as Pat will be flying to Washington DC for our daughter-in-law's baby shower next week and Bob and our son Randy are going to the Duke-Miami basketball game on the 23rd.
We hope all are well, looking forward to meeting up with all our cruising friends, and send our best to everyone.
Comments
Vessel Name: Chanticleer
Vessel Make/Model: Endeavour 42
Hailing Port: Tipers Creek, Virginia
Crew: Pat and Bob Sikora