s/v Chanticleer

02 September 2018 | Sailing to Onset
29 August 2018 | Thuya Gardens
31 July 2018 | Anchorage in the Goslings - Chanticleer is the middle boat
26 July 2018 | Bob In Gloucester
23 July 2018 | Offshore on the way to Block Island
17 July 2018 | Sunrise at Reedy Island, Delaware Bay
01 September 2016
30 August 2016
30 August 2016
29 August 2016
29 August 2016
26 August 2016
18 August 2016

Biscayne Bay To Boot Key Harbor

24 January 2013 | Marathon, Florida
Biscayne Bay to Boot Key Harbor

Being on a Dinner Key Marina mooring outside in the bay in strong east winds was oh so much fun! More days than not we took the launch into town. We enjoyed Coconut Grove and discovered a lovely state park almost in the center of town called Barnacles. Barnacles is the home and grounds of Ralph Munroe, built in 1891. Munroe was Coconut Groves most influential pioneer and developer. The park includes a beautiful house, boathouse, and workshop located on Biscayne Bay. The landscape represents one of the last remnants of the Miami Hammock (tropical hardwood forest).

We moved over to Hurricane Harbor on Monday the 14t where it was calm and beautiful. Tuesday and Wednesday we sailed the Hawk’s Channel! The winds were ESE on Tuesday with winds ranging from 15 to 24 knots. It was great!! We sailed to Rodriguez Key where we anchored along side Mike and Polli on Chinook. Wednesday was another day of wonderful sailing. By 5pm we were settled on our mooring having an arrival beverage. Pat had all day Thursday to explore and re-provision before she abandoned Bob and flew to DC for 3 days to attend our daughter-in-laws baby shower. DC was fun and seeing Adam and Kathleen was wonderful.

We are now busy getting acquainted with Marathon and the surrounding area. Its Bob’s turn to travel, today he is driving to Delray Beach to meet with Randy his son as they are going to a Duke basketball game in Miami. He will return to Chanticleer on Thursday. Whew!! Then we will be able to slow down and relax a bit. We are in pursuit of used bicycles which will make exploring easier. There is also a bus that we can take to Key West for the day, a little beach and of course we can also take the big ship out and do some more sailing on Hawks Channel.

More to come!

We hope all are well and warm

Pat and Bob
Comments
Vessel Name: Chanticleer
Vessel Make/Model: Endeavour 42
Hailing Port: Tipers Creek, Virginia
Crew: Pat and Bob Sikora