Chaotic Harmony

A family adventure by sail around the world

10 October 2014 | Darwin
25 February 2014 | Darwin
14 January 2014 | Darwin
09 December 2013 | Brisbane
29 November 2013 | Brisbane
10 October 2013 | Brisbane
05 October 2013 | Coral Sea
19 September 2013 | Port Denarau
09 July 2013 | Pacific Ocean
01 July 2013 | At Sea
29 June 2013 | Bora Bora
09 June 2013 | Moorea, French Polynesia
31 May 2013 | Tahiti, French Polynesia
13 April 2013 | Pacific Ocean 3
25 March 2013 | Pacific Ocean
20 March 2013 | Pacific Ocean
16 March 2013 | Pacific Ocean

Work, work and more work

18 April 2012 | Grenada
Ian
Dry Dock in Grenada

(Tight squeeze!!!!!!!)
Chaotic Harmony is back out of the water getting some TLC as the last 12 months have taken a bit of a toll. We actually thought we could do a lot of the work required while we were in the water but the rates are reasonable and it gives us a chance to stay in a hotel for a week or so where Gill and Keely are riveted to Cartoon Network, free WiFi and fantastic grenada pizzas.
The main jobs we began to tackle before slipping were antifouling, repairing damage to the boat from Mauritius where we were sideswiped by a recalcitrant catamaran and the saildrive oil changed. This soon grew and we are now completely rebuilding the aft heads as the toilet mounts were completley rotten along with the backing behind the liners. This is a big job and continues but should be finalised by Friday. The line clutches in the cockpit have all been replaced with new teak backing blocks added to raise them and take the vertical pressure away.
Jobs still to do include building a prodder and installing it at the bow as the old spinaker has seen better days (still operational ) and it will be replaced with a Code Zero being made here by Doyle Sails. This is another reasonable sized job but should be done before we splash down next week. The last major job still to be tackled is to rebuild and strengthen the dingy davits as they are a bit flimsy and have resulted in fiberglass work where they have deformed the underlying glass. Aghh the problems of a cored glass boat........
Lots of minor jobs when I can repack the boat will include all cabin window sills repainted and some varnishing. Then we splash and get to move back aboard. Actually docking is a lot like going to hospital. You (read CH) develop more illness or in this case work to do.
Plans then are to circumnavigate Grenada and the Grenadines before we take off for Porta la Cruz and onto Bonaire in the Lesser Antilles (ABC Islands). Then it is onto Columbia where we will enter a marina for a month or so, fly to the USA and hire a car to see the East Coast from Florida north to Maine and possibly get to see Peru on the way back, pick up CH and sail to the San Blas Islands offshore from the Caribbean Sea coast of Panama for a few months. These will be another major highlight as they are supposedly beautiful and we will spend a few months here before moving through the canal and finding the Pacific Ocean once more.

Hope all is well.
Comments
Vessel Name: Chaotic Harmony
Vessel Make/Model: Catana42S
Hailing Port: Darwin, N.T. Australia
Crew: Ian, Jo, Gillen and Keely
About: Ian, the first skipper, Jo, second skipper and First Mate. Gillen, the Second Mate and L-Plate Navigator/Skipper and Keely, the food taster and fisherwoman and overall Admiral.