Adventures of Chapter Two

17 March 2017 | Coast of Florida
17 March 2017 | Coast of Florida
22 November 2016 | Las Vegas, Nevada
13 November 2016 | Florida Coast
26 October 2016 | Fort Myers, Florida
05 October 2016 | Burnt Store Marina
12 September 2016 | Burnt Store Marina
30 August 2016 | Coast of Florida
23 August 2016 | Riveria Marina, West Palm Beach, Florida
05 July 2016 | Siem Reap, Cambodia
27 June 2016 | Soneva Fushi, Maldives
24 June 2016 | Soneva Fushi, Maldives
21 June 2016 | Soneva Fushi, Maldives
17 June 2016 | Phuket, Thailand
08 June 2016 | Chiang Rai, Thailand
06 June 2016 | Chiang Mai, Thailand
01 June 2016 | Ao Po Marina, Malaysia
27 May 2016 | Ao Po Marina, Malaysia
23 May 2016 | Ao Po Marina, Malaysia

There's A Storm Brewing!

23 May 2016 | Ao Po Marina, Malaysia
Janet
It was time to move back to Ao Po Marina with Blue Wind so that they could begin staging for their shipment to the Mediterranean. Pat and I didn't have to assist Blue Wind with this process, but we consider them good friends and want to be available if they have any issues or incidents. Plus, we believe in good karma and want to pay it forward. Once their boat is loaded, they can bunk with us until they fly out to their prospective countries. The up side is we can observe the process and know what will transpire for our shipment. The down side is we are farther away from the restaurants and services and I will have to cook again...but the marina has a beautiful gym, restaurant and pool which is a nice tradeoff.

Pat arranged for a local Philipino named Randy to polish and wax our boat before shipping. Hopefully, this will help with removing the dirt and grime when the boat arrives in Florida. Meanwhile, I have decided to begin adjusting the dinghy cover and making tote bags for our lines and sheet (for those in the south it is our ropes).

Pat is working on replacing all the couplers on the A/C water cooling lines with bronze fittings. It seems that the coupler fittings are all brass and are eroding quickly while in the marinas. Pat is shaking his head that a plumber would install brass fittings on the A/C lines and can't remember if a plumber installed the brass while refitting the boat. He thinks two of them came outfitted from the factory which is irresponsible. If you're preparing your boat for future travel and plan to stay in marinas, then check the fittings and make sure they are not brass.

The ship finally arrived for Blue Wind but a problem has occurred this week. There has been no wind for months and we've had to motor amongst all the islands. Now, there are high winds forecasted for the entire week which means they can't load large vessels onto a cargo ship. Seven Star did manage to get one boat loaded before shutting down operations but still have 7 additional boats to load. This week could get exciting as there is a cyclone forming off the west coast of Thailand...thank goodness we are moored in a marina or we would be looking for shelter from the high winds. I'll keep you posted!
Comments
Vessel Name: Chapter Two
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 450
Hailing Port: Guthrie, OK
Crew: Patrick Hayes, Janet Hayes, Joshua Hayes
About: Pat, Janet and their son Josh moved from Seattle to live aboard Chapter Two and are looking forward to the Blue Planet Odyssey.
Chapter Two's Photos - Main
Photos from Vanatu 2015
No Photos
Created 5 July 2016
15 Photos
Created 14 May 2015
No Photos
Created 6 March 2015
Pics from our experience at the new construction site as well as our transit.
6 Photos
Created 6 March 2015
photos documenting our upgrades and re-fit as we prep to get the boat ready and capable for long distance blue water cruising.
6 Photos
Created 23 November 2014