Adventures of Chapter Two

17 March 2017 | Coast of Florida
17 March 2017 | Coast of Florida
22 November 2016 | Las Vegas, Nevada
13 November 2016 | Florida Coast
26 October 2016 | Fort Myers, Florida
05 October 2016 | Burnt Store Marina
12 September 2016 | Burnt Store Marina
30 August 2016 | Coast of Florida
23 August 2016 | Riveria Marina, West Palm Beach, Florida
05 July 2016 | Siem Reap, Cambodia
27 June 2016 | Soneva Fushi, Maldives
24 June 2016 | Soneva Fushi, Maldives
21 June 2016 | Soneva Fushi, Maldives
17 June 2016 | Phuket, Thailand
08 June 2016 | Chiang Rai, Thailand
06 June 2016 | Chiang Mai, Thailand
01 June 2016 | Ao Po Marina, Malaysia
27 May 2016 | Ao Po Marina, Malaysia
23 May 2016 | Ao Po Marina, Malaysia

Cyclone Winds, Oh My!

27 May 2016 | Ao Po Marina, Malaysia
Janet
On my last post, I stated that we had a cyclone brewing off the west coast of Thailand. The cyclone came to fruition and hit a couple of nights ago with 35 plus winds. Thank goodness we are moored in a marina because the vibration sounds with the force of the winds is nerve wracking. The marina is located on the east side of Thailand but the wind and rain cells are forming hourly and have been moving our direction for days. If we had been anchored, we would have had to take shifts for anchor watch to make sure our anchor wasn’t dragging. It’s interesting to watch the dark clouds forming over the horizon and pass over the marina constantly. I don’t sleep well when the high winds hit because I want to check all the lines and make sure we aren’t going anywhere. I also worry about other boats becoming loose and ramming our boat. We sailed through cyclone winds last summer and the boat held up just fine.

Unfortunately, the ship to transport Blue Wind to the Mediterranean is unable to load in this weather and can delay their departure for 4-6 days. It also prevents us from leaving anytime soon as we still have no load or departure date for our boat to be transported back to the U.S.

On another note, when you see two perfectly good jerry cans (fuel containers) floating in the water, what is your first response? My response is to fish them out of the water and secure to the dock in case another boat has lost their cans. Well, a boat moored nearby whose nationality (not American, thank goodness) I won’t mention didn’t want to bother with them and kept trying to push them away from the dock. Needless to say, the woman just stared at me as I walked by their boat after fishing the cans out of the water while the husband tried to make small talk. We are trying to save the environment, not add to the problem. There is enough trash in the water and we can’t continue to ignore the situation. Oh, and someone did come claim the fuel cans…
Comments
Vessel Name: Chapter Two
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 450
Hailing Port: Guthrie, OK
Crew: Patrick Hayes, Janet Hayes, Joshua Hayes
About: Pat, Janet and their son Josh moved from Seattle to live aboard Chapter Two and are looking forward to the Blue Planet Odyssey.
Chapter Two's Photos - Main
Photos from Vanatu 2015
No Photos
Created 5 July 2016
15 Photos
Created 14 May 2015
No Photos
Created 6 March 2015
Pics from our experience at the new construction site as well as our transit.
6 Photos
Created 6 March 2015
photos documenting our upgrades and re-fit as we prep to get the boat ready and capable for long distance blue water cruising.
6 Photos
Created 23 November 2014