s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Nassau Harbour Club Marina

13 April 2015 | Nassau, New Providence Island
Helen
Mark reminded me that I didn't mention the highlight of yesterday. In our anchorage, there was one other boat, a small catamaran from Montreal, Canada. After our boarding incident, we made our SG&T pina coladas and the guys noticed that the young lady on that sailboat was walking around topless and then she climbed down the back steps, right in front of our boat, and took off the rest of her clothes and jumped into the water, and back on her boat...It was very breezy and rocky, despite being anchored behind the island. We saw a catamaran head out beside us, with a boat full of dressed up people for their sunset sail. We played a short game of dominoes and Chris beat us again. The wind shifted and moved our boat from the initial anchor spot and we didn't know if our anchor was dragging. However, by morning we were back in the original spot so the anchor did indeed hold. Mark got up thru the night and camped out in the cockpit, just in case the boat dragged. We got a few drops of rain, but by the time we closed all the hatches, it stopped. We slept in some, if you call 7:30 sleeping in. I called the marina but no one answered. We all had breakfast and then hauled anchor and headed to the marina. We stopped at a gas dock next to the marina and our trip from Nassau to George Town and back took only 16 gallons of diesel as thankfully, we were able to sail most of the time. We got the same slip as we had a few weeks back and are planning to stay two nights as we wanted time to do laundry and that seems to only be available late in the day. Then we are planning to go to Atlantis, so I can get some casino time and we can celebrate Chris' birthday, a few days early. Today, saw Mark back at the marine stores, but not finding everything he needed. They were able to flush out our water tank and re-fill it. The marina insist that their dock water is RO water so we should be fine. We also filter it before we use it for drinking or cooking. Mark did not get a chance to add a water maker, but that will be a project for when we are back in Jax. Robert and Mark worked on maintenance jobs on the boat, while Chris and I took the bus to downtown. Buses do not run very frequently in the early afternoon, so our walk and wait was lengthy. Thankfully, we got a map from the marina office and were able to follow the streets as they took a different path. The houses and buildings all looked like they needed a new coat of paint and some serious maintenance. Lots of very tiny houses along the bus route and our bus was pretty full. We learned that we don't pay our $1.25 per ride, until we are exiting the bus but not until we did it the other way around. We walked thru most of the shops downtown. Then took the 7a bus back to the marina, only it turned one street prior. We visited a couple more shops before arriving at the boat. We decided to go across the street which houses a mall of stores from grocery, liquor and Starbucks. It also has a Dominoes Pizza and Dairy Queen, which was tonight's dinner. They also had free wifi, so we were able to get emails and check the internet for news. I just put in two loads of laundry. We are waiting for that to get done before we call it a day. It was a warm day, and after shopping, Mark and I had the marina swimming pool to ourselves...instantly cooled off!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015