s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous!

22 April 2015 | Lake Boca Raton
Helen
Spent the night at the Bahia Mar luxury marina. There was finally a bit of breeze before we woke up, since we must have been sheltered by the mega yachts parked close to us. Had breakfast and found there was a Publix a couple of miles away. Chris and I decided to walk along the beach in that direction and got lightly rained on for much of our walk. We tried to wait for a bus, but they were not very frequent. It was farther than we thought. We finally found it and picked up a couple of bags of fresh veggies and foods that we were out of. We took a cab back. Mark and Robert were scrubbing the boat. We headed to the 2nd floor pool. It didn't start raining until we finished our swim. It was a lovely spot, overlooking both sides of the marina, It had a full gym at one side and a pool bar outside beyond the pool, that most likely served food too. We all took a shower and commented on how nice it was. The whole complex was much better than the average marina facility. Went back to the boat and had lunch. We got our noon deadline moved to 2 pm and left just before 2. The Charabia crew did well on our dock departure. We decided to stay on the ICW, but had to wait on every lift bridge - 6 or 7 in all. The waterway is full of very luxurious homes that fill huge properties, as well as many high rises. Very scenic indeed. We did find a lot of trash floating in the waters and at one point we thought we ran over something with the starboard prop. Mark used only the port engine to get us to the next bridge and then we found a place with some room off the ICW and anchored while Mark dove on the prop. Maybe stopping dropped off whatever stuck to the prop. We saw a huge white garbage bag floating just under the water level, which may have been the culprit. It was sad that such a rich area in Ft Lauderdale and Boca Raton would allow for so much garbage in the water, from coconut shells, to pipes and large branches as well as empty bottles. We observed a huge sports fisherman boat captain, take his empty beer can and deposit it behind his boat in the water. How sad is that? We arrived at Lake Boca Raton, with around 4 or 5 other boats already anchored, by 6 or so. Had time for an SG&T break and then started dinner. We are right by a very shallow inlet, but our plans will be to remain in the ICW for tomorrow's movement north.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015