s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Seven Mile Beach Walk!

12 December 2017 | Governors Harbour, Grand Cayman
Helen
Slept for almost 10 hours. Wow! Finished watching the 23rd and last episode of the first season of Heroes. We have been watching two episodes an evening, so it has taken us awhile. All good and entertaining! We were pretty sure that there was a second season but are not remembering much. Mark re-sealed around my kitchen sinks as somehow water was dripping underneath into my pots. He also added sealant to the outside top of the port side where we have had some more leakage. Did some more laundry. Cruise ships were back in George Town. Not sure which ship, but they sent a tender with their crew and deemed it too rough and departed promptly. There is still a north wind which is causing the big waves. Highest wind today registered at 20 knots. It's around 11-13 right now. Still from the north. It is flat in here. The Disney Fantasy definitely was in town as we heard it on the VHF radio. Since we are anchored closer to the marina where the Stingray City tours begin, there was a parade of boats in all sizes going rapidly past us. Some went so fast and close to our boat...I am sure they got some good pictures of our boat with our laundry hanging on the lifelines! Took a dinghy ride to the marina and caught up on emails. Then came back and had leftovers for lunch. Mark wanted to visit the other restaurant at the marina, but they only had seafood on the menu and everything was $50 for lunch. I would rather spend the money elsewhere. After lunch we took the dinghy over to Alkemi and they were just heading to the airport. We walked from the end of the canal to the beach, passing the guarded Governor's mansion on route. Then we walked thru the park next door to the Seven Mile Beach. It was a gorgeous pale blue water crashing into the beautiful beige colored sand. Will post a picture on the next blog. Passed by the Westin and Ritz Carlton with huge properties right on the ocean. They had mega lounge chairs with umbrellas and canvas coverings. Cut between the hotels and walked to a small shopping center. They had all the holistic treatments available. Walked to the end and found the Canadian consulate on the first floor. Went to check it out but their hours was only 10 am to 1 pm four days a week and it was past that time, I want that job! They did have an emergency video buzzer, but we didn't need any assistance. Went to the next shopping mall and they had a very nice big grocery store. Bought a few things and walked back to the dinghy. It was much hotter at the beach than on the ride back to the boat. The waves are definitely less in size. We are still waiting for the wind direction to change so we can moor safely in George Town. We are enjoying some down time for a change.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015